KTM Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks I'm new to the forum so please excuse me if this has already been covered I have a Rotax powered 504cc KTM and I want to get it registered here in France through the FFVE process ( classic ). I want to know which model I have.
The frame number is: 8307 12759, The engine number: 165923. I think that it is an MXC variant but cannot qualify this. So far I have identified that frame numbers starting with 8306 - 8405 date the bike at 1984, but that is as far as I have got.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,579 Posts
Welcome aboard. 8307 means the bike was manufactured in July 1983. Sorry, that is all I can tell you I am afraid. But there are a few members here that deal with older models, so hopefully it should not take too long and they will provide help here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome aboard. 8307 means the bike was manufactured in July 1983. Sorry, that is all I can tell you I am afraid. But there are a few members here that deal with older models, so hopefully it should not take too long and they will provide help here.
Hey thank you for that. I guess it makes sense in that 83 is 1983 and 07 is July.
I want to know which model it is and I understand that there are 3 500's the GS, (M)XC and the K4. This bike is very stripped down compared with the K$ and the GS. Although the guy I bought it from had an aftermarket tail light and a headlamp unit fitted to it, so its become an enduro bike. But it doesnt have the centre stand or the heat shielded exhaust.

Thanks for the response

·
Super Moderator
1,579 Posts
@augiedoggie you have any idea re what bike Matt Tree Man has?

·
Premium Member
2,623 Posts
@augiedoggie you have any idea re what bike Matt Tree Man has?
Sorry. No. I do remember KTM using Rotax 4 strokes back in those days but dont remember specific years and models involved with them

1 - 5 of 5 Posts