KTM Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came across the quote above when going through older articles on the web, and realized that this is still soo true! In 10 years when battery bikes take over there will be much less to smile about.

To use this to your advantage I recommend the following:
  • Fit a decent after market pipe that allows your motor to breathe! Never drop out of the PB!
  • You are on a closed track purposely made for dirt bikes. There will be no dB measuring happening. Fit a muffler that enhances the angry sound of your two stroke! Never drop out of the PB!
  • Keep it pinned! Never drop out of the PB!
  • Keep changing the gears! Never drop out of the PB!

A 20 minute moto of smiling puts you in a privileged group where you are in charge of your own happiness!

·
Premium Member
2,854 Posts
Well done. Nothing can replace the smell of race fuel and premix.....nothing even comes close. Bean oil and leaded race fuel is better than any smell on earth.....except maybe methanol and castor oil.... (y)

Reactions: DW and Axzon

·
Super Moderator
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well done. Nothing can replace the smell of race fuel and premix.....nothing even comes close. Bean oil and leaded race fuel is better than any smell on earth.....except maybe methanol and castor oil.... (y)
I might already have told you (and many more...) about Katherine Oberlin-Brown (nee Prumm)
The New Zealand two time Women's World Champ worked for me a couple times running MX holiday programmes for kids 6 - 13yo. I asked her what would be the next level if someone wanted to make sure they had the best chance to win a MX Championship and she straight away answered: "Pin the throttle and use the clutch, gear shift and brakes to adjust the speed. This would mean never dropping out of the PB!" (She had been a 2-stroke rider for years before going for the Womens World Cup and winning it in 2006 and 2007).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts