KTM Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all,

Am I the only one distracted by the increasing number of BS adverts popping up on the forum pages?

Maybe it's only on my laptop....... Car/Truck adds and wait for it - I see bank account adverts disguised as topic threads....... what's next? Cult recruitment adds?

What can we do to keep this forum uncluttered ..... ?

Cheers

·
Full Throttle
5,561 Posts
I made an inquiry to admin in the mods support forum last week when you dropped a hint previously.
But its good you have posted here.

The ads are also a bit annoying , especially the ads that force the screen to jump because of late loading.

Ive even noticed it with my upgrade account . The banners are the culprit , i think its something to do with the load code.

But anyway , i moved this into site questions , so dave give the admin a descriptiption of what you use when it happens . like desktop using google chrome etc , do you use mobile etc etc.cheers

·
Super Moderator
1,845 Posts
Ive even noticed it with my upgrade account . The banners are the culprit , i think its something to do with the load code.
I don't get any of that at all... ever.... nothing like it.... Not on here anyway, couple of other forums i've seen that but with a Sub'd account on here, it's all quiet.

·
Full Throttle
5,561 Posts
I don't get any of that at all... ever.... nothing like it.... Not on here anyway, couple of other forums i've seen that but with a Sub'd account on here, it's all quiet.
well actually i tried to find one just then but your right nothing. must be another forum in on.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I made an inquiry to admin in the mods support forum last week when you dropped a hint previously.
But its good you have posted here.

The ads are also a bit annoying , especially the ads that force the screen to jump because of late loading.

But anyway , i moved this into site questions , so dave give the admin a descriptiption of what you use when it happens . like desktop using google chrome etc , do you use mobile etc etc.cheers

Thanks Cors, i was a bit 'put out' with the earlier slap down before you chipped in....... but i have gotten over it now.....:laugh2:

I get the screen jumping all the time as you mention..... also an add loads in the bottom right corner much like a 'u tube' video..... so it is prob eating my data and I can't delete it until the 'X' appears..... it also covers part of the forum field....... unfortunately, I'm usually so wild at the interruption I delete the ad before I even see what it's about...... i understand the forum needs funding...... unfortunately Weeksey didn't mention any improvements or benefits for subscribing - I'd be even more pissed if I was paying for the increased advert activity which wasn't here a month or so ago.....

:x there, all friends again...... :laugh2: :wink2:

Ps Yes, I'm a laptop/Chrome dinosaur......

·
Registered
706 Posts
hey I want in if we're going to slap Dave around! Dave I get nothing like this - you do of course have the free popup blocker "Ublock" it's an extension that is available on Chrome?

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gotcha.....

AutoCircle.com just started to load (like you see with U tube video adds..... can't skip for 3 secs etc)....... advertising dodge ram..... and using my pre paid data I guess.

The late loading "in forum" adds cause a bit of skipping, but that settles down after a few seconds, however this other crap that appears down in the bottom right of screen - over the existing advertisers column & partly over the forum space, is a PITA.

·
Administrator
616 Posts
Hey there,

Note that we have sponsor ads which are paid for by vendors and sponsors on the forum, which are usually related to your interests on the forum.

And then we have AdSense ads which are based on your own browser cookies, searches, and general interest. Browsers use meta-tagging to direct what they think are ads that you're interested in. Which of course, is not always accurate but also based on your own internet activities words entered into search bars and posts.

With that said, if you happen to come across nsfw ads or ones that are just not friendly, please take a screen shot of the ad and grab the ad URL.

Ed

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You sensitive little bunny :)

That's me...:grin2:..... all sense, most of the time..... :laugh2:..... i try not to be a killjoy...... I'll get better once i get back on my GT....... being off the seat for so long has messed with my head...... and now it's decided to rain, on the very weekend I was feeling like it was time to re-acquaint my arrrrr...se with my SD...... groaaannnnnn....:frown2:

Ah well..... we need the rain...... grass has been brown and crispy dry.... our summer rainy season failed and the weather guys don't expect much autumn precipitation ....... things are grim eh? i hear you guys had 'heatwave' temps recently - eg 20degC instead of usual temps down near shivering........:wink2:.

:grin2:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts