KTM Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you are a new member we'd like to hear a little about you. Post here and tell us about yourself.

Name

Age (if you feel comfortable sharing)

# of bikes you have owned

Various Aprilia bikes you currently own, or have owned in the past

Your dream bike

Your favorite riding location

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
new on board

Kevin in southern Maryland, I am getting too old for this , but I just can't stop(riding). I have a more than my share of bikes, but I am letting a few of them go in off season.My favorite Aprilia? Does a Ducati 900SS count ?It's been sold off.Otherwise,no Aprilias.But, I do like unusual bikes,sometimes called "boutique bikes". I have a 1982 Maico 490,some Cannondales,ATKs,an older RM250,KX250,3 RZ350s,RD400,a GSXR600(trackdays),98 VTR1000,FZ750,and my NEW love:KTM690SM. My dream bike could be a number of bikes,but to make this short and sweet,I'll say: the new Ducati motard looks like it could be a blast to ride!I did recently consider a Triumph Tiger 1050.The KTM won out.My favorite place to ride dirt is Budds Creek MX park,my favorite roadcourse is VIR north.

·
Administrator
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome compmoto!

Maybe you and I should talk about getting you on our mod team? If you are interested please PM me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Fellows

If you are a new member we'd like to hear a little about you. Post here and tell us about yourself.

Name Tommy Dunn

Location NC

Age (if you feel comfortable sharing)44

# of bikes you have owned More than most have ever raced against at one time

Various Aprilia bikes you currently own, or have owned in the past Have ktm 02 520exc my favorite,92 350 ktm, 04 crf450f Honda.

Your dream bike maybe newer version of exc or possible Aprilia

any good hair scramble course

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hello

Hi guys, I go by Bailer. Thought I better get on the forums. I'm looking at a Duke. Would like feedback and ballpark CDN prices.

Saskatchewan

41 (when did that happen!!!!!!!)

Looking at a Duke990, have an RD400 in the garage, recently sold my WR450

Favorite riding spot is anywhere I am.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Name scott

Location okc

Age (if you feel comfortable sharing) 47

# of bikes you have owned 10

Various Aprilia bikes you currently own, or have owned in the past o i,m a ktm guy not aprila

Your dream bike ktm 300 xcw

cooperville

·
Registered
4 Posts
New to forum and KTM

Hello!

Steve form Temecula, California here. Just picked up a 690SMC last week and I'de have to say, it's quite cool. As a manager at a San Diego shop I've had the opportunity to own and ride many bikes but I'm diggin this one right now.

I've owned

1993 Yamaha Seca II
1996 Ducati 900SS SP
1996 BMW K75S
2002 Triumph Speed tripple
2002 Triumph TT600
2004 F650S
2005 Honda XR650
2005 BMW K1200RS
2006 Kawasaki ZX1000R

I just realized how indecisive i am and how much money i've probably thrown away. The SMC was totally irational but I think I'm okay with it. Anyway- I hope to share some good info and learn a little from you all.

Later...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi All
Just joined the forum, likin it.
From Ontario, Canada eh! (southern)
been riding for 28 years dirt and street
currently riding KTM's bad boy 07 SD
1973 Honda 50 mini trail
1980 Honda XR 80
1979 Honda XL 75
1986 Honda CR80
1985 Honda XT 200
Took a break
1993 Honda CBR 900RR
1999 Yamaha WR400F
2004 Yamaha WR 450F
2006 Yamaha R6 50th
2007 KTM Super Duke
I think I have finally found the one, she make me smile every time I mount her. Oh and my wife started on a CBR 125 last year and now riding a 2008 Ducati 695 Monster.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New KTM member

Name KEVIN GALLIERS

Location KENT, ENGLAND

Age (if you feel comfortable sharing) 46

# of bikes you have owned 8

Various Aprilia bikes you currently own, or have owned in the past NONE

Your dream bike DUNNO YET

A-ROADS IN KENT

·
Registered
6 Posts
Name: Rodney

# of bikes you have owned: 9

Various Aprilia bikes you currently own, or have owned in the past: None (my brother had a 2001 Mille which was nice)

Your dream bike: Desmosedici

Your favorite riding location: Road America

I just picked up my RC8. Hope the admin makes a section for it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nico

Name

Age (if you feel comfortable sharing)

# of bikes you have owned

Various Aprilia bikes you currently own, or have owned in the past

Your dream bike

Hi I'm Nick from Sydney, quickly approaching the big 40 and recently got back into the bikes. Grew up riding two strokes and glad to see KTM still carrying the torch for us. Love my EXC 300, although it has tried to kill me a few times in the last 6 months. Much better than the old bikes I used to ride.

I also own a KDX 200 which is the first bike I bought when I decide to ride again. Thought it was pretty quick until I got on the 300...woweee!:eek: What a bike, fast light and aggressive - the way a dirtbike should be . Will probably ditch the KDX soon - its getting a bit past it's used by date.

Started riding when I was about 7 yrs old on a Honda Z50 , then C90s and a RM80 in my early teens, then got a XT 200 for my courting days -cheap bike but hardly off-road. Parents sold ity when I went OS in my twenties :mad:

I think I'm riding my dream bike (EXC 300) woud like a nwere model perhaps. Would like a LC4 690 for the country roads, but a bit pricey innit.

I like riding in Belanglo Forest (yes the one where Ivan Milat did his nasty work). Its about 1.5 hrs from Sydney, some good single track and firetrails out there.

Anyway, that's me. KTM u ROCK!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
My name is fred and I am from sydney. Currently have a 07 250 exc-f with motard wheels on it but am also waiting on my new duke690. I am 27 have been riding (off road mostly) for about 9 years. Only just started riding on the road in the last 3 months. Dont really have fav place to ride but louee near mudgee is pretty good, has great mx tracks and heaps of enduro as well. Havnt had many bikes just

90 Honda xl185
02 Yamaha yzf 250
01 exc 250
07 exc-f 250
09 duke690 (2 wks away)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Jimmy from Sydney here, age 38, I've had an XR250, DRZ400 and now a KTMSMC690, its a real fun bike and I commute on it every day so do lots of kms. I love the oxley, the OPH and always looking for new roads to tear up

·
Registered
2 Posts

Cam Pepper

Age (if you feel comfortable sharing): 22 years

# of bikes you have owned: one

Various Aprilia bikes you currently own, or have owned in the past: im into ktm for now

Your dream bike: my 08 xcf-w 250

Your favorite riding location: somewhere muddy

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi

I'm Danie Bellingan from Bloemfontein, South Africa. I'm a 32 year old military attack helo pilot. About two weeks ago I upgraded from a KLR to a 950 Adventure.

I used my KLR for commuting, hunting and off road "touring" in the Bloemfontein area. My first trip with the KTM will be to Lesotho (early 2010). In the near future I also want to tour to Namibia, Botswana and Mocambique.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Name - Fred

Location - So. Cal.

Age - 46

# of bikes you have owned - 5

Bikes you currently own - KTM 450 EXC, Suzuki DRZ 400S

Riding it, the 450EXC.

Your favorite riding location - any where in Ca.

Hey all, I just picked up my new to me '09 450 EXC from the dealer last week and just put 10 miles on it today. I LOVE IT! awsome bike and I am in the break in stage. Selling my DRZ 400 ASAP.

·
Premium Member
14,816 Posts
Welcome to orange!:D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello everybody

I'm Jody 33 years old
currently living in France
Ride a 06 model superduke battle,
06 model 525 EXC converted to SM
03 model 450 EXC
01 Gas Gas 280 TXT (trials)

In total I've owned 14 road legal bikes and a few Motocrossers

Roads round here are pretty good but the mountains of southern France and Spain are awesome.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New

Hi, I'm Big Hoot. You can just call me big hoot.
I just bought my 13 year old son a KTM 105 sx moto bike. He loves it!
I had a Honda CR250, Suzuki PE175, and a Honda SuperSport 750 (long ago).
My son has had a Yamaha TTR-90, a Yamaha TTR-125 and this KTM 105 sx.
We also have ATVs, Kaw Prailie 300, Yamaha Grizzly 550 '09 and a generic rice bunner.
We live in LA. (That's Lower Alabama). Land of thick mud, big deer and little else.
We are not racers, we just play.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts