KTM Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my 2019 KTM 500 EXC ~ F. Everyone was telling me get rid of those tires? Well it's not that I'm cheap but I thought before I rip off those new tires I try them out. So far after 600 miles on them not bad! Keep in mind I'll even flip a rear tire and use it till there's nothing left!

Your thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
1,427 Posts
All down to where and how you ride. And the size of your wallet... We only do MX. After trialling a few different tyres we settled for MOTOZ tyres. Very few others seem to use them for MX. But apart from being 1/2 the price and giving us brilliant drive to the holeshot corner, they also last well!

Reactions: Dirtclods

·
Premium Member
2,518 Posts
When I bought my 2019 KTM 500 EXC ~ F. Everyone was telling me get rid of those tires? Well it's not that I'm cheap but I thought before I rip off those new tires I try them out. So far after 600 miles on them not bad! Keep in mind I'll even flip a rear tire and use it till there's nothing left!

Your thoughts?
Nothing wrong with being thrifty with the motorcycle budget. Some of the standard tires on bikes are poorly applied to some conditions or applications, others are not so bad. Some of the KTM dual sports I saw in showroom had decent tires on them. Some critics have a natural bias against anything standard on a bike and thus explains the hate for anything stock. Nothing wrong with forming our own opinions based on testing and evaluation.

Reactions: Dirtclods and Axzon
1 - 3 of 3 Posts