KTM Forums banner

Is your Superduke seat comfy

5K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  MishMashSD1290R 
#1 ·
If your seat feels comfortable after a long ride .Please post a picture of your seat also mention any mods or work by Lugo the seat Guru. My butt is killing me .

#2 ·
I am primarily using a powerparts seat. For an hour plus in the saddle and sitting still, my *** bones will hurt pretty bad. I wish it had a little more padding there. However, if you drag knees on a track, the powerparts seat is exactly what you need - grippy and provides plenty of support.

#3 ·
I’ll keep you posted as I’m getting a spare seat re upholstered with some additional padding soon…

That said, I did the “Spartacus mod” (slits cut in the foam to make it more compliant) and an air hawk - it’s pretty comfortable right now as is. …

#4 ·
I'm interested. 2016 GT. Tried the Powerparts seat and it was awful for me. Have the Laam seats and although better, the shape leaves me on my tippy toes at stops and that's not comforting either. I'd like to find someone that will re-shape and foam the Powerpart seat

#5 ·
i 100% agree with your assessment of the powerparts seat on comfort. Perhaps a good choice for a track day or spirited riding, but not for long rides - the oem seat would be better.

Did you order the Laam sept new? If so I’d get him to re shape it …how tall are you?

The good news is the GT seat is wider than the SDR so it’s definitely a better platform to produce comfort. I believe someone on here has a seargent on a GT ant they love it.

#6 ·
I found the PowerParts seat uncomfortable initially. After about a month with it I bought an AirHawk cushion, expecting to use it for longer rides. At that time I was starting to notice discomfort after about 45 mins. Now I can ride for a couple of hours without even thinking about the seat, so I'm sure that fuel and food rather than pain relief stops will account for my breaks going forward. My bottom just needed some time to adjust to it, it seems. I consider myself fortunate, because I know this seat is hit-or-miss.

#10 ·
Waiting for a response from the doc @GaryCulb .... he has either had one of everything or will soon.
Also someone from Germany I think had a custom seat done with a cut-out, ditch, trough (pick a word) at the front for his uh, delicate parts. Makes sense cuz you see this feature on bicycle seats over and over again. I like the thinking there ... if you're not putting pressure on your "taint", well then it can't go to sleep. Nuthin worse than when it eventually wakes up again!

#13 ·
Waiting for a response from the doc @GaryCulb .... he has either had one of everything or will soon.
Also someone from Germany I think had a custom seat done with a cut-out, ditch, trough (pick a word) at the front for his uh, delicate parts. Makes sense cuz you see this feature on bicycle seats over and over again. I like the thinking there ... if you're not putting pressure on your "taint", well then it can't go to sleep. Nuthin worse than when it eventually wakes up again!
Spartacus,

Do not if that was a complement or a ...

Anyway, yes I have been through several different set brands. Seats are very personel thing so, everyones preferance is likely to be different.

The Corbin looked the best on the GT (Corbin Motorcycle Seats & Accessories | Dual Saddle, KTM Super Duke | 800-538-7035 ). Unfortunately, when riding step declines I got thrown into the tank. My riding buddies figured this out & took advatange of it.

The Lamm Seat ws the most comfortable (Laam Custom Motorcycle Seats ). Unfortunately, it was so wide it interfered with me dropping into the lean for the twisty's.

(Not my bike)

My "Personel Favorite" is the OEM Powersport seat. WAIT... Yes, I sent it off & had the seat foam replaced with SUPERFOAM (Dianna's Shop – Custom Upholstery for Motor Cycle Seats and Recreational Equipment – Custom Motorcycle Seat Upholstery ). Dianna even saved the seats heater. Least expensive seat mod was a home run.

Best,

Doc :unsure: (y)

#14 ·
Nuthin but respect Doc. Your name came to mind cuz I'm always amazed at the equipment you have already tried before I even hear of it. Then when I do hear of it you are on to the second or third generation already!

#19 ·
I actually dig my OEM seat as well. I went to the Ergo for the heating element of it. (I know I know...I live in California for F sakes lol...but I plan to tour in the cold!)
Maybe I should have just added the heating element to my oem seat? Not sure but I have the Ergo seat I bought now shipped off to Dianna's for the @GaryCulb treatment! (Thanks Doc!)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.