KTM Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately I have a had a very bad experience buying a new bike from KTM
Don’t get me wrong I love Ktm bikes always have owned a pre loved ktm & never had a problem BUT I decided to buy a brand new 21 model 6 days 250 2 stroke in august 2020 & finally received delivery in November & only to discover after 2 laps around the block not off road that it had an engine oil leak (never had one with all my other bikes) so I contacted the dealer to let them know ( not long before Christmas as I have a regular long term trip away with my mates) & they said bring it back & we will have a look which I was surprised at at as it should have been picked up especially when it leaks oil
They did pick it up & returned it to me around a weeks time
When I received bike I took it for another ride around the block & parked bike in garage only to wake up in the morning to see it had another puddle of oil on the floor ! I was furious only a week away from my annual trip with my mates which I knew I could not attend at this point
I then contacted dealer to let them know & to also tell them that I do not want this bike back as it has issues (lemon)
I was then frustrated by the delay of either refund or replacement of this bike & nothing happened over Christmas hence I could not attend my annual trip
I was then contacted by ktm Australia rep Craig brown I believe his name was
He was very apologetic but didn’t help the situation as I could attend my annual advent with friends
He told me that he would offer me compensation & that if I would take the bike back & I said I do not want that bike back as it has basically had heart surgery
Long story short they replaced my bike in March/ April way too late !
But that doesn’t end there when I got bike I then took it for a local ride not dirt & stopped at a beach & when went to leave I tried to start it it wouldn’t start
I had to get a trailer to pick it up
I called dealer again on Monday as it was the weekend & they came to pick it up & then was returned to me the nexted day
Fixed as they didn’t take off the temporary unlock
Dealing with ktm Australia they had offered me $300 ktm parts voucher I said that was an insult they need to do better than that & to this day they still have not contacted me & that’s an even bigger insult
II WILL NEVER BUY A NEW BIKE FROM KTM EVER AGAIN

·
Super Moderator
2,151 Posts
Unfortunately I have a had a very bad experience buying a new bike from KTM
Don’t get me wrong I love Ktm bikes always have owned a pre loved ktm & never had a problem BUT I decided to buy a brand new 21 model 6 days 250 2 stroke in august 2020 & finally received delivery in November & only to discover after 2 laps around the block not off road that it had an engine oil leak (never had one with all my other bikes) so I contacted the dealer to let them know ( not long before Christmas as I have a regular long term trip away with my mates) & they said bring it back & we will have a look which I was surprised at at as it should have been picked up especially when it leaks oil
They did pick it up & returned it to me around a weeks time
When I received bike I took it for another ride around the block & parked bike in garage only to wake up in the morning to see it had another puddle of oil on the floor ! I was furious only a week away from my annual trip with my mates which I knew I could not attend at this point
I then contacted dealer to let them know & to also tell them that I do not want this bike back as it has issues (lemon)
I was then frustrated by the delay of either refund or replacement of this bike & nothing happened over Christmas hence I could not attend my annual trip
I was then contacted by ktm Australia rep Craig brown I believe his name was
He was very apologetic but didn’t help the situation as I could attend my annual advent with friends
He told me that he would offer me compensation & that if I would take the bike back & I said I do not want that bike back as it has basically had heart surgery
Long story short they replaced my bike in March/ April way too late !
But that doesn’t end there when I got bike I then took it for a local ride not dirt & stopped at a beach & when went to leave I tried to start it it wouldn’t start
I had to get a trailer to pick it up
I called dealer again on Monday as it was the weekend & they came to pick it up & then was returned to me the nexted day
Fixed as they didn’t take off the temporary unlock
Dealing with ktm Australia they had offered me $300 ktm parts voucher I said that was an insult they need to do better than that & to this day they still have not contacted me & that’s an even bigger insult
II WILL NEVER BUY A NEW BIKE FROM KTM EVER AGAIN
Just so you know... KTM Forums have no link or connection to KTM. This is a forum for enthusiasts and mums and dads who have kids who ride KTM's.

Welcome to the forum!

Two ways to own and maintain your bike:
1. Use the shop for everything. As they run it to make money a faulty bike under warranty might become a lower priority...
2. Learn how to fix your bike. It is not as bad as it sounds. I have fixed bikes all my life and when things go wrong I can only blame myself. But as a result I can also fix the bike. (OK, so I realise that there might be a rule in the Warranty agreement that states that if you f#ck with it the warranty is void. But when/if you get stuck in middle of nowhere that piece of warranty paper is not even good enough to wipe up some leaking oil...)

Feel free to ask for help on here if/when you need it. There is always someone here who knows how to fix that broken thingi-whatsit that is driving you mad!

Wishing you better luck in the future!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts