KTM Forums banner

41 - 60 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have ridden both generations - the 2020 is a much better bike.

The FI, in particular, is flawless...and the bike feels much more flickable.

Yes, the bars are forward, but that can be very easily fixed....and would be the first mod I did if I bought one....

·
Registered
931 Posts
If dealers were a bit less greedy I would consider but they want a $4-6k turnaround on my trade in putting the 2020 in silly money territory.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Welp for what it's worth I had the 2016 SDR. My 2020 is tighter and more precise with it's handling. I rode the 2017 extensively with a friend who owned one. They handled pretty much the same...I wasn't a fan of the 17s tail treatment..nor the 2020s.... And yet I bought it and couldn't be happier. Once the bars and pegs were adjusted I felt comfortable AF.
I think I'll wrap the rear tail over the winter. Don't buy the 2020 if you feel it's improvements aren't discerning enough for you. No need to bash on it or any previous years.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
not bashing just don t like it

not everyone loves every model year of every vehicle

gen 2 was perfect for a lot of ktm lovers...Gen 1 was the genesis of the SDR format
Gen 2 was perfection for me and I loved the improvements
Gen 3 is NOT an improvement year it is a year of Configuration Change ie I DO NOT WANT a LONGER WHEEL BASE or a HIGHER CENTER OF GRAVITY or a SMALLER FUEL TANK or the rear suspension linkage because the Gen2 had it right FOR ME

I love the Gen2 because of its Design Configuration in its entirety.... tall gearing gives it amazingly great fuel consumption on long high speed runs.... the 2017-2019 SDR s were the best FOR ME

The 2017-2019 engine is already a fantastic engine just read the specs

So net net: The Gen2 SDR is the absolute best possible design decisions ever made FOR MY RIDING

so with Rott Stg6 intake, new iridium plugs, fresh EBC HH sintered pads, MRA Double Bubble, a fresh pair of Michelin Power Cup 2 s, and a full tank, I m in heaven.

🙏😎

·
Registered
81 Posts
^^^Yet you start a thread on bashing the 2020, a bike you haven't ridden, and guys who have owned both, and in my case a 2014 SD a 2016GT are telling you the new bike is better by a decent margin everywhere. More power much much better fueling far better suspension (by a country mile), a stiffer chassis giving much better feed back, and not that vague front end, and better balanced feeling, much more confident turning in to corners faster. On 2 youtube Dyno's I've seen this new 1290R puts out 172 RWHP, Ducati V4 184, piped and race mapped Tuono (2019) V4167hp. Then new 1290 has one of the best engines I've ridden, it pulls from 2000revs and grunts from 3000revs, earlier 1290s needed to be above 4000revs to get any real drive. This new engine is a beast.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
not bashing just don t like what you like

I love the Gen2 SDR for reasons I stated
I dont have to ride a bike I don t like.... the design decisions are why...

Why do you care so much about my opinion ?

Why is this so important to you ?

You like the 2020 ... great for you.

I like the 2017-2019 great for me

You should spend more time riding your bike than talking about it.. and far less time trying to convince others how much they should share your opinion.

Enjoy Your Bike, Pleeeze

🙏😎

·
Registered
2020 SDR Black
39 Posts
It's actually pretty hard to read your posts. Punctuation non-existent, sentence breakouts everywhere and apparent ADHD as every thought runs onto another one without properly ending. Squirrel!

With that being said, you are a definition of a troll. You literally start a topic to bash 2020 owners and their choices. Just because you dont like it, does not mean anything. I don't like your attitude, so I will just ignore this topic and will blacklist you. I guess it's our fault for giving you, a troll, the attention you seek.

And btw, 2020 is a great bike. Despite being a big bike, it behaves like a 600, very flickable, very easy to ride. I was in the market for a new bike and why would I ever purchase last years model. If I wanted to stay in the past, I would've picked up original SF1098S, as in my opinion it looks a lot better then anything naked made in last 5 years.

Take care, dear troll! 🖐

·
Registered
2019 SDGT White
166 Posts
I was in the market for a new bike and why would I ever purchase last years model. [/QUOTE said:
I purchased a leftover 2019SDGT for two big reasons. The biggest is the substantial discount you get when not requiring the latest and greatest, and secondly, The beautiful orange wheels were not offered on the 2020 model.
I like new stuff, but sometimes manufacturers change things that just turn me off or maybe don't turn me on enough to justify the cash outlay.

·
Registered
931 Posts
now I think I have to come in here and play mediator. The gen 2 model has been taking a beating in the press and press drives sales. Everybody wants the best and this KTM out aped the APE and is again the best according to the reviewers. If you have a gen 2 and don't think the new bike is worth the hit you're right, but if you like it enough and think it is worth you're right too. so whats the problem?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
now I think I have to come in here and play mediator. The gen 2 model has been taking a beating in the press and press drives sales. Everybody wants the best and this KTM out aped the APE and is again the best according to the reviewers. If you have a gen 2 and don't think the new bike is worth the hit you're right, but if you like it enough and think it is worth you're right too. so whats the problem?
Thanks for a Great Post but like the others, you re just not paying attention to my actual opinion in all posts... try reading them so you don t waste your time like the others so anxious to feel superior.

😎👍

41 - 60 of 126 Posts