KTM Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2022 890 Adventure R
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

just got this 2022 890 Adventure R, don’t have a riding pic yet but she is a beast in the woods…with the tech pack (Rally mode mostly) the 890 R really slaughters the he dirt. 80 miles on the odometer now, with 60 in the woods today! First KTM too! Can’t wait to camp off the bike!

·
Registered
2022 890 Adventure R
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! I cannot believe it took me this long to go Team Orange!

·
Registered
2022 890 Adventure R
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome ride today…learning the ride mode settings. I love this bike. I feel like KTM has the anti-wheelie setting during break in. Even in Rally mode with MTC at 1, the bike “lets out” when the front wheel seems to come up. I only have 110 miles on a new bike. I heard about the shift light and first service but has anyone heard of KTM Limiting wheelies during the break in period??

·
Registered
‘21 Duke 890
43 Posts
I’ve found after break in and resetting the service light and all that my 890 Duke has no problem over powering the anti wheelie, no way to shut it off on mine without upgrading to the tech pack. But second gear power wheelies are super easy at about 30-40mph. But like Mohawk said the ADV R should have the option to turn it off completely.

·
Registered
2022 890 Adventure R
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I’m not to 600 miles for the first service yet but I believe it was user error as I’ve had the rally mode slip setting at 9 thinking that was the setting for most tire slip but I was backwards. I listened to my wife and read the owners manual lol! She was right! Thanks for the help guys

·
Dirt tracker
3,442 Posts
View attachment 105763

just got this 2022 890 Adventure R, don’t have a riding pic yet but she is a beast in the woods…with the tech pack (Rally mode mostly) the 890 R really slaughters the he dirt. 80 miles on the odometer now, with 60 in the woods today! First KTM too! Can’t wait to camp off the bike!
Hello and welcome. I'm looking forward to your pictures and video of your riding adventures. Be sure to post back here.

·
Registered
2022 890 Adventure R
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

A little trek up Ten Mile Creek to Cape Perpetua with my buddy and his Tenere! Found three awesome campsites with views of the coastal range. Sadly no pics there but still kick *** nonetheless! My buddy went down on a slick slow off camber section. He is completely fine. My stallion has sweet mtc so no problem lol! Falling is learning they say!!

·
Dirt tracker
3,442 Posts
Friggin awesome Friggin awesome:D:D

·
Registered
2022 890 Adventure R
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Hard to see but that’s Heceta Head Lighthouse on the central oregon coast behind my beloved KTM. I love our country, coasts, KTM and the freedom to ride wherever whenever! God Bless America!!

·
Dirt tracker
3,442 Posts
Very good sir. Pleased to see you using that
fine machinery as it was intended. Keep the reports coming as you are able. Much appreciated. Your bridge dates to same era as one of my recent train tunnel explorations. Live track under local mountain about 1/2 mile long of white knuckle, cross tie dual sport riders. Reminded us old fools of the train bridge in the 80s movie Stand by Me

Reactions: Edwin and ADVRider

·
Dirt tracker
3,442 Posts
I would love to come across a train tunnel, great find!
Lots of adventures and landmarks are awaiting you to search and uncover them on your riding excursions. Some of the fun ones are found by accident, others by deliberate search. I enjoy the search of ghost towns and abandoned railways and rail yards and abandoned industrial ruins. Your adventure bike will bring you to many cool trips into our history with a bit of research. Enjoy the trip

Reactions: ADVRider

·
Registered
2022 890 Adventure R
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I’ve found after break in and resetting the service light and all that my 890 Duke has no problem over powering the anti wheelie, no way to shut it off on mine without upgrading to the tech pack. But second gear power wheelies are super easy at about 30-40mph. But like Mohawk said the ADV R should have the option to turn it off completely.
I think you are right. The dealer say it “Wakes Up” after the first service. If it pulls this hard up to 6500 rpm now, I suppose I want to be woke! 😎

·
Registered
2022 890 Adventure R
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Todays ride up Eckman Creek and then exploring unknown routes

1 - 20 of 23 Posts