KTM Forums banner

41 - 60 of 1244 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Hi
Ive been looking at air filters for the 390, what ive noticed so far is that K&N have listed the 390 already and its exactly the same code as the 125 and 200 KT-1211. Ive just had a look on the DNA site and they've listed the same as K&N i.e. same part number R-KT1SM11-01 for the 125/200 so im going to take a gamble and order one. Will run it with the standard first then swap it out to see if I can feel any difference. Yeah I know its a 690 thread but thought id mention it......no peewee jokes Boldor :wheelchair:

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
From all the flow testing that I have done & seen DNA air filters flow more air than K&N filters. I have done back to back Dyno test between DNA & K&N filters on the XT660 & 2011> Z1000, I can produce all the air filter flow tests if anyone is interested.

Here are the differences between the K&N & DNA on the XT660's which is in my XT660 mod book, this filter is very simular to the 690's, the DNA flows 30CFM more than the K&N filter. Not trying to promote DNA just trying to give the facts on the differences.

Here is the Z1000 filter shoot out that I host, http://www.4shared.com/download/T7AZJiE1/Case_Study_Z_1000_2010_OEM_VS_.pdf

·
Registered
113 Posts
Kev, is your 02 mod available for a 2013 duke?
If I change filters will a remap need to be done which is not available for a 2013 duke?

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Kev, is your 02 mod available for a 2013 duke?
If I change filters will a remap need to be done which is not available for a 2013 duke?
They have been since my first post, the O2 controllers can be bought via PM, Australian AUD$105.00 + registered postage = AUD$130.00, I post next business day.

Anytime you change air flow in or out of the motor the A/F ratio is affected, correcting the A/F ratio will give you the best results when filters/ pipes are fitted. My Fuel mod will be able to correct the air fuel ratio to around 1.0:1

·
Registered
113 Posts
They have been since my first post, the O2 controllers can be bought via PM, Australian AUD$105.00 + registered postage = AUD$130.00, I post next business day.

Anytime you change air flow in or out of the motor the A/F ratio is affected, correcting the A/F ratio will give you the best results when filters/ pipes are fitted. My Fuel mod will be able to correct the air fuel ratio to around 1.0:1
OK, thanks. I was a little confused about availability for 2013's. I will pm my info to you for the O2 control.

Is your fuel mod available for the 2013? What do you mean by correct afr to around 1.0:1?

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
OK, thanks. I was a little confused about availability for 2013's. I will pm my info to you for the O2 control.

Is your fuel mod available for the 2013? What do you mean by correct afr to around 1.0:1?
The Fuel mods are all made up sitting on my bench waiting on the connectors to arrive, I will let eveyone know when the fuel mod is ready for shipping.

What I mean is my fuel mod can increase the A/F ratio depending on your ambient air temperature by up to 1.0:1, (@20C the mod can adjust 1.0:1), as an example if you have filters & pipes fitted to your bike & your A/F ratio is now around 14:1 the Fuel mod can adjust the A/F ratio to around 13:1.

·
Registered
990 Posts

The O2 controller is already available. Duke 2013 and 2012 are identical, so it's the same as for the 2012 model. I've bought one, and I expect it to be here any day now. PM Kev to get one!

The fuel controller (open loop) is waiting for the connectors, can't wait to get this one either! :D

(Correct me if I'm wrong, Kev)

·
Registered
113 Posts
The Fuel mods are all made up sitting on my bench waiting on the connectors to arrive, I will let eveyone know when the fuel mod is ready for shipping.

What I mean is my fuel mod can increase the A/F ratio depending on your ambient air temperature by up to 1.0:1, (@20C the mod can adjust 1.0:1), as an example if you have filters & pipes fitted to your bike & your A/F ratio is now around 14:1 the Fuel mod can adjust the A/F ratio to around 13:1.
Great news on the fuel mod.

Regarding ambient temps, around here most of the year we range from 24c (in the am and not for long) to 33c. What affect does the higher temps have on the 1.0:1?

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Great news on the fuel mod.

Regarding ambient temps, around here most of the year we range from 24c (in the am and not for long) to 33c. What affect does the higher temps have on the 1.0:1?
The higher the ambient air temp the more the mod can be adjusted.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Received it this morning, immediately fitted it (took about 3 minutes) and off I went.
I have to say, this controller does work very well!

I can feel the bike is much more relaxed on lower rpm's, smoother on/off throttle and it feel like it doesn't sufficate when you tootle along around 3000rpm.

Thanks Kev! Looking forward to the fuel mod too!

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #53 (Edited)
Received it this morning, immediately fitted it (took about 3 minutes) and off I went.
I have to say, this controller does work very well!

I can feel the bike is much more relaxed on lower rpm's, smoother on/off throttle and it feel like it doesn't sufficate when you tootle along around 3000rpm.

Thanks Kev! Looking forward to the fuel mod too!
Thanks for your feedback, glad the mod has smoothened out your ride.:2guns:

I have spent the last 2 weekends making the Duke O2 Controllers & now have a few in stock ready to ship, if any one wants one PM me your PayPal address & I will ship the next business day, they cost Australian AUD$130 posted.
:clap:

·
Super Moderator
2,648 Posts
When you get the fuel controller module produced how does it work ?
How would one tune it or is it a sort of autotune device that works on it's own ?
Will there be a generic map installed or can we adjust it ourselves ?
Just interested in options if I change things on the bike and different countries have different fuells.
Mine runs on 99octane.
Has an Arkra slip on. Fresco de cat pipe. Akra map.
Will get the airbox mod and "race" cam + new air filter later.
Not that worried about the surging and ride with the rews quite high but any improvement is still improvement so will order q2. And interested in the fuell module too obviously.

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
When you get the fuel controller module produced how does it work ?
How would one tune it or is it a sort of autotune device that works on it's own ?
Will there be a generic map installed or can we adjust it ourselves ?
Just interested in options if I change things on the bike and different countries have different fuells.
Mine runs on 99octane.
Has an Arkra slip on. Fresco de cat pipe. Akra map.
Will get the airbox mod and "race" cam + new air filter later.
Not that worried about the surging and ride with the rews quite high but any improvement is still improvement so will order q2. And interested in the fuell module too obviously.
My fuel mod is a very basic mod which has been around for a long time, the mod will help the guys who's motors are running lean from fitting filters & pipes ETC. If your bike is running to rich the mod will not work it can only increase the fuelling not lean it out, I would think there would be very few bikes running to rich. This mod will help us out until we can get a better fuelling device like a power Commander or Tune ECU. My O2 Controller will still work with a PCV when ever they come out one day.

We connect the Fuel mod in series to the Ambient air temp sender so when you are happy with a setting you leave the knob set where you want it & the fuel mod will adjust automatically with the air temperature because of it been connected in series.

With a fuel mod it is sometime quite hard to feel A/F ratio difference in the open loop, the smoothness & how the bike pulls is what we are looking for. I hope to be on the Dyno in the coming weeks with my mates 690 Duke & will get the hard facts where the mod needs to be set to for what mods & to see the exact A/F ratio it can adjust to on the 690.

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
I will need someone in Brisbane who has the Akra map already loaded to lend me their bike for a few hours, my mates Duke runs a standard map + Akra can & Leovince link pipe, air intake mods to come. The KTM bolt on mods are just unrealistically over priced, I am sure we could come in at a 3rd of the price once we know what this motor likes & wants.

As the fuel mod is new to this model we are still in the early days to know the affects with different maps & mods, I know the O2 controller mod will work with every map & mod throw at it.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I will need someone in Brisbane who has the Akra map already loaded to lend me their bike for a few hours
Sounds like your going to have to talk Boldor into visiting sunny QLD wiwwee :D

41 - 60 of 1244 Posts
About this Discussion
1.2K Replies
219 Participants
kevxtx
KTM Forums
KTM Forums is the forum community for dirt bike motorcycle enthusiasts covering the KTM Duke, Sport minicycles, Off-road bikes, KTM 1190 RC8 and all KTM Motorcycles.
Full Forum Listing