KTM Forums banner

1221 - 1240 of 1248 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Just registered to be able to cred Kev for his great work with the o2 mod. After sneaking around this thread, reading all posts unregistered , I just had to buy one. A brief break , in the terrible Scandinavian late-winter, made it possible to go for a ride today. The difference is astounding. The bike feels just great. Huge difference in low speed cruising. Just a short ride but could at least go 1k rpm lower without the bike jerking, maybe even lower on low gears.
Hard expressing exactly what a huge difference it made in an other language than my own but hope you Kev and everyone else gets the point.
Tack som fan från Sverige (Thanks from Sweden)
Welcome. At lot us will be in agreement with you there!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey all,

Just got a 2014 Duke 690 and while on the market, I stumbled upon a bike with Kev's O2 Mod already fitted which was a factor in my decision to get that particular bike.
Now, excuse my n00bness and yes, I've read all the pages of this thread, but I can't figure out if the bike needs the fuel mod as well... Here are the current modifications:

Leo Vince decat with stock can.
K&N Filter.

Should I get the fuel mod ?
Also, on another subject I've read that people go with different gearing from stock (I think it was 15/42, correct me if I am wrong) what is the advantages/disadvantages of doing that.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hey all,

Just got a 2014 Duke 690 and while on the market, I stumbled upon a bike with Kev's O2 Mod already fitted which was a factor in my decision to get that particular bike.
Now, excuse my n00bness and yes, I've read all the pages of this thread, but I can't figure out if the bike needs the fuel mod as well... Here are the current modifications:

Leo Vince decat with stock can.
K&N Filter.

Should I get the fuel mod ?
Also, on another subject I've read that people go with different gearing from stock (I think it was 15/52, correct me if I am wrong) what is the advantage of doing that.

Thanks in advance
Others will advise better on fuel mod, or PM Kev directly.
As for gearing, there are a core who go for 15/42 but personally I find 15/40 is ideal if you plan to use the bike cruising at around 75 mph and riding around town

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have both Kev mods. My bike has standard airbox and filters and a Lextek (Chinese akra copy) decat pipe and baffled race can. I find the adjustable fuel mod is barely needed with that set up. I had it at 2 o/c and it seemed to run rich and got jerky at part throttle cruising at 85-90mph. Put it to 1 o/c and its better but I think I may back it off a bit more, but then its not going to working if I go to 12 o/c? This isn't a criticism of the product, just not sure its worth having unless you have DNA filters or suchlike and an unbaffled exhaust?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have both Kev mods. My bike has standard airbox and filters and a Lextek (Chinese akra copy) decat pipe and baffled race can. I find the adjustable fuel mod is barely needed with that set up. I had it at 2 o/c and it seemed to run rich and got jerky at part throttle cruising at 85-90mph. Put it to 1 o/c and its better but I think I may back it off a bit more, but then its not going to working if I go to 12 o/c? This isn't a criticism of the product, just not sure its worth having unless you have DNA filters or suchlike and an unbaffled exhaust?
I've received the Kev's fuel mod and installed it last weekend, set it to 3. I rode the bike for just about 200km and one thing I noticed is I barely rode 150 km before the low fuel light lit up. I was mostly cruising around town and some rural roads, so a lot of red lights.
I still too new with the bike to know if this is normal, but it seems to me that a full tank should last longer? Otherwise, I did not noticed any jerkyness. Taipan, can you give me your appreciation on the chinese Akra you are running? Do you like it? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I've received the Kev's fuel mod and installed it last weekend, set it to 3. I rode the bike for just about 200km and one thing I noticed is I barely rode 150 km before the low fuel light lit up. I was mostly cruising around town and some rural roads, so a lot of red lights.
I still too new with the bike to know if this is normal, but it seems to me that a full tank should last longer? Otherwise, I did not noticed any jerkyness. Taipan, can you give me your appreciation on the chinese Akra you are running? Do you like it? Thanks in advance.
That's about 120 miles, which for gentle riding is a little bit low for the fuel light to come on? What air filter and exhaust are you running?

That's my exhaust below. Its light and cheap and nothing like a real akra, but then, nor is the price. I need to clean it as the degreaser I used seems to have stained it? But, I like the sound, so that trumps most things for me.

image uploader

·
Registered
6 Posts
That's about 120 miles, which for gentle riding is a little bit low for the fuel light to come on? What air filter and exhaust are you running?

That's my exhaust below. Its light and cheap and nothing like a real akra, but then, nor is the price. I need to clean it as the degreaser I used seems to have stained it? But, I like the sound, so that trumps most things for me.
I guess it's fair to admit that I've performed the 15 min idle test. I need more time to determine how much that mod has an impact on the fuel consomption.
That exhaust looks nice. I am running a leo vince decat with the OEM can, a K&N filter and Kev's O2 mod.

·
Registered
189 Posts
On my last 690 I had both of Kevs mods and had the fuel controller set to 3, when I had the plugs out during my top end repair the plugs were quite black, so I would say it was running rich. The bike had the two DNA filters and a GPR exhaust and decat. Have just fitted the o2 controller to the new bike and it has helped when in second gear at low speed, will wait until after its first service before I fit the fuel mod and filters but will be setting the mod at 2.

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,230
The 690 does not need much AFR adjustment with my adjustable fuel mod, 1 to 2 O clock will be close.

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,232
KTM 690 Adjustable Fuel mod & 02 controller now tested & working on a Husqvana 701 Enduro & Supermoto 2016 model with ECU part number 76041031000

·
Registered
1 Posts
The links above lead to some listings by "7416kevinh" which have ended. A quick search on ebay yields fresh listings by "7416kevxtx".
Just a heads up.

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
1221 - 1240 of 1248 Posts