KTM Forums banner

1241 - 1248 of 1248 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just need a 790 to play with, anyone in Brisbane Australia want to lend me their bike for the day to play with?
Wish I could lend my bike but I'm way over in the USA. I'm thinking the 790 Adventure guys would be looking for this mod as well and it would likely use the same connectors as the Duke.

If there's possibly any info or readings I can get off my 790 to help develop this mod for it, let me know. The surging at low speeds is my biggest gripe with this bike.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Anyone had their O2-mod fail? My bike's signal horn starting going off all the time and I got the error 4 long flashes 5 short. Didn't know it was the O2 mods fault, turned in to a repair shop which fixed it by removing the mod.

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,243
Anyone had their O2-mod fail? My bike's signal horn starting going off all the time and I got the error 4 long flashes 5 short. Didn't know it was the O2 mods fault, turned in to a repair shop which fixed it by removing the mod.
Never had one of my 02 controller fail since selling the for the past 5 years have a few thousand units out there, the 02 sensor circuit has no connection to the bikes horn can not see how it can sound the bikes horn, can you refit the mod to confirm or post it back to me for testing.

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,244 (Edited)
Forgot to say error 4 long flashes 5 short is for 02 sensor, as a first step I can send you the test procedure on how to test the 02 controller if you have a multimeter.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Kev - I've just bought a runout 2017 690 Duke R. I've only got 300kms on her so far, but I don't think the break in time will fix the low gear jerkiness and rattling in taller gears at low speeds. From what I can read (or what I've mostly gathered without reading all 63 pages here), your O2 controller is the go and since I eventually plan to make some airbox and decat mods, I should also get the fuel controller. Any advice or comments?

I think I've found your ebay ad, but just wanted to confirm the link below:

Look forward to getting these ordered!

·
Super Moderator
1,795 Posts
Hi Kev - I've just bought a runout 2017 690 Duke R. I've only got 300kms on her so far, but I don't think the break in time will fix the low gear jerkiness and rattling in taller gears at low speeds. From what I can read (or what I've mostly gathered without reading all 63 pages here), your O2 controller is the go and since I eventually plan to make some airbox and decat mods, I should also get the fuel controller. Any advice or comments?

Looks fine :)

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,248

Yip that is my link

1241 - 1248 of 1248 Posts
About this Discussion
1.2K Replies
220 Participants
kevxtx
KTM Forums
KTM Forums is the forum community for dirt bike motorcycle enthusiasts covering the KTM Duke, Sport minicycles, Off-road bikes, KTM 1190 RC8 and all KTM Motorcycles.
Full Forum Listing