KTM Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my Superduke GT is not starting with the key fob. It will start with the plain key but even after putting in a new 2032 battery it won’t start with the fob. The screen blinks once, a pause then 2 quick blips from the orange light on bottom left screen.
I have been looking in manual, and on this forum for what the 2 blinks mean on the lower left hand corner of the startup screen. Anybody know?

·
Registered
2019 SDGT White
295 Posts
Do you have any electronic gizmo's mounted?
I mounted a inductive charger/mount for my phone in the center of the handle bar. I got a message that the key fob wasn't nearby every ride after(too close to the antenna). I moved the charger/mount over near the clutch res and the messages stopped.
If no interference, the dealer my have to hook er up to the mother ship and down load some new softy wear....if the fob is ok.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No electronic added gizmos to my bike. It’s been working fine although the other day I had a key not in range warning that went away after a restart. My 2032 replacement was a lithium battery. Not sure that should make any difference. I’m going to buy another one tomorrow and give it a try. The number of flashes means something but I can’t seem to find the information on it.

·
Registered
2019 SDGT White
295 Posts
Fob does seem like the suspect. I put at least 2 batteries a year in my KTM fob, I go through those 2032 batteries like water, we have a bunch of fobs in the family, I should buy 2032's in bulk.
I'm going to graze over the manual too, curious about that light now too...

·
Registered
2019 SDGT White
295 Posts
Looks like that little lamp in the lower left blinks after you shut the bike off with the race on button. It's indicates the immobilizer is active and the system is locked. It also indicates the alarm is armed(optional equipment).

·
Registered
266 Posts
The FOB also has an RFID chip in it and it functions the same as the plain key when
it's battery is dead. If it is not then they did not program the FOB to the bike with the
battery out of the FOB and you should have that done.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks like that little lamp in the lower left blinks after you shut the bike off with the race on button. It's indicates the immobilizer is active and the system is locked. It also indicates the alarm is armed(optional equipment).
In my search I read that. I’m looking for what it means before it starts.

·
Registered
19’ SDR
146 Posts
that "race on switch" is one finicky sob. Mine recently acted up again and my culprit was the pinching within the turn signal indicator housing behind the headlamp. I cut all factory zip ties so all wires remain loose now. Maybe this will help you out a bit.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I’m headed to town soon for a new battery and hoping that’s all it is. I have had this happen before and a new fob battery solved it. Even out of pocket it failed.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok Put in a new Duracell 2032 and it wouldn’t turn on. Went back later and the fob opened the screen. Tried it again later and no dice. So at least it worked once. I’m leaving on a trip to Utah in the am and i am going to try not to worry about it since it starts with the regular key.

·
Registered
19’ SDR
146 Posts
Please entertain me and try to full lock left and right then press "race on" quickly. Also, gently giggle the "race on" wire that routes toward the indicator housing from the switch. Lastly, crank down those terminal screws on the battery for added measure. I've tried all of these steps with success and even rotated gently the "race on" housing so it was in line perfectly with the wire to avoid additional strain. Like I said before, that "race on" is a finicky sob. Hope it pans out for you.(y) Ah, did not see that it works with the original key.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Not an uncommon problem but not been posted for some time
these bikes also throw up all sorts of problems when the bike battery gets low, not sure if you keep yours on tender but it is a good idea with the 1290, that said the key fobs were supposed to get a silicone piece to keep the battery from moving in the key fob as it was an issue early on.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts