KTM Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
I (fortunately) do not have a fob, but my Harley-riding buddy who does carries a pack of fresh batteries and changes them out before they go dead. Says it's cheaper than a towtruck.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Yea. I’ve been riding for years with the Harley crowd and have seen the key fob horrors. I am on a trip now with my Harley buddies in Utah at present. Yesterday my fob worked all but one time. At least I have some confidence the regular key works.

·
Registered
910 Posts
So what year bike is yours and how much is the updated switch?
@Chasdog - To give you more insight to what might be occurring for you: Can the ignition key module from a 2013-2016 be retrofit?
Its a quick read but I put visuals and explanations.

My bike is a 2018. Somewhere mid-2018 forward they started coming with the updated switches...but even if yours is a 2019, it may be worth an inspection of the wires in the "Race-On" switch.

The updated part number for the Race-On switch is 61411174100, about $115. - KTM 61411174100 - Engine kill switch + HFS : KTM Parts Pro

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
@Chasdog - To give you more insight to what might be occurring for you: Can the ignition key module from a 2013-2016 be retrofit?
Its a quick read but I put visuals and explanations.

My bike is a 2018. Somewhere mid-2018 forward they started coming with the updated switches...but even if yours is a 2019, it may be worth an inspection of the wires in the "Race-On" switch.

The updated part number for the Race-On switch is 61411174100, about $115. - KTM 61411174100 - Engine kill switch + HFS : KTM Parts Pro
Thanks mine is a 2019. I’m out on the road now so I’ll read those articles later.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
@mishmash. Sometimes the fob will start my bike and when it does the screen has the yellow warning key not in range. If I start it with the regular key it doesn’t come up.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts