KTM Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working my way through a long three year start and stop ordeal of rebuilding a 2011 KTM 105 my son asked me to do.The person he bought it from said it only needed a ring and piston but it really needed everything, piston, cylinder,crank kit and even a case.These parts and specialized tools have to be made of solid gold, lol.They had partially disassemble it before they brought it to me SMH.I need to know about the power valve cover part #2 below.The exploded drawing does not show a gasket.Is it sealed with something like high temp gasket sealer or does it not need sealing?

·
Super Moderator
1,302 Posts
Hi. If you post in the "Two strokers" category you will have a better chance to get replies faster.

Regarding your question. Here what the service/repair manual says: "Apply a thin layer of silicone to the sealing areas and mount the flange". There is no gasket for this model (your bike is same as the 85cc, just with a bigger bore and piston). The 125cc bikes use gaskets here, but the setup is different to the 85cc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts