KTM Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished changing my oil, and the service interval still has 800 miles left. When I attempted to hold the Up/Down arrow buttons down to reset the service interval, nothing happened. Does the "Needs Service" warning need to be on in order to input a new service interval, or am I doing something wrong?

In addition, when the last tech changed my oil, they over-torqued the oil screens, and they did not use any anti-seize. Consequently, I could not even break the rear screen loose using a breaker bar, and now the aluminum bolt head is rounded off. At this point, I assume the only fix is to drill a hole in the bolt head and use an Easy-Out to remove the screen. Has anyone ever had this problem?

·
Registered
177 Posts
What year? Just changed mine in my '15 today.

Hold up and down while in "settings" screen. Full 5 seconds, I just held it till the service screen came up.

My service indicator was not on.

And good luck with the screen, super frustrating to have to deal with someone else's mistake. If it's so tight a socket rounded the head off, I'd be concerned about an easy off just hogging out the aluminum or snapping, I've not had the best of luck with them. I'd be thinking of taking it to a machine shop or somewhere with some experience with such things.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What year? Just changed mine in my '15 today.

Hold up and down while in "settings" screen. Full 5 seconds, I just held it till the service screen came up.

My service indicator was not on.

And good luck with the screen, super frustrating to have to deal with someone else's mistake. If it's so tight a socket rounded the head off, I'd be concerned about an easy off just hogging out the aluminum or snapping, I've not had the best of luck with them. I'd be thinking of taking it to a machine shop or somewhere with some experience with such things.
That did the trick! My bike is a 2019, and I was trying to update the data in the "Info" screen where you can see the data. On the 2019, you "highlight" the "Settings" selection, then push the Up/Down buttons. Thanks for the input! (y)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts