KTM Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having trouble starting my bike using the electric start. When I press the start button the FI light comes on for about 1 second then goes off if I hold in the button. It comes back on again if I release and retry starting again.

I have a new battery, new earth cable, new contact washers(should a washer be on + one) new starter duke cable(+), new starter relay with new fuses, new starter cable, new electric starter motor, new spark plug.

There is spark and checked the connections. I am getting continuity from + to start button and too the electric starter motor. And checked the fuel there is still vapour coming out.

Could it be something with the valves? Has anybody had the same problem after changing so many things?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
When did the problem start? There has been an issue with the cam chain tensioner failing. This gets the chain to jump one tooth making the timing wrong and bike becomes impossible to start.

As you have spark there should be no problems with the ignition parts. Have you tried to push start the bike? Reason I ask is that apparently these bikes are sensitive re battery level. If a drop in battery level when you use start motor (and plug is still in cylinder) there is at times no spark. Also try a new spark plug.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts