KTM Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had just put on a tail tidy kit from r&g and i had accidentally had the wires switched around for the new tail light, so i switched them and it worked fine, when i went to plug in the rear blinkers something happened with the computer display where it shows mph and everything it said abs failure. now my bike wont turn over and the computer wont even turn on now. so i checked all the fuses from main relay too the abs fuses and checked all of the other fuses. I just wanted my bike to have a cleaner look and now i cant even ride but it looks nicer.

991 Posts
Check your grounds and make sure none of the wires you manipulated are touching metal. Sounds like a simple fix but tough to diagnose from our keyboards ;)

· Registered
136 Posts
Try hooking your original lights back up. Maybe your computer needs a hard reset. I don’t know if there’s an official way but in some cars, you disconnect the battery and the short the power and ground leads together. This draws down any remaining voltage stored in capacitors and the computer does a full re-boot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.