Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
G'day Aussies...... and the rest.......

So we have to socially distance and cover our coughs and wash our hands/use hand sanitiser and bump elbows, or stay home if we feel unwell.........(y)(y).

If we do enough now we just might avoid a lengthy shut down of pubs/clubs/cafes/restaurants etc........ nasty little virus........ so far we have had only 8 deaths and about 1000 cases tested positive in Oz ........ bloody cruise ships and airlines eh? It's far worse in Europe and the USA!

Still, it can spread faster than an Aussie bushfire if we don't heed the advice........ Italy has had 3400 deaths to date, and their hospitals are war zones with patients and medical staff falling in the battle to survive.......... we were a bit slow to cancel big events, but hopefully we were early enough unlike our mates in Europe - stay tuned for uncle Boris's death toll in the UK :eek:....... they also took too long to do what the Japanese and Korean's have done (their infection curves are much lower than ours!).

I'm in a risk category - over 60, had heart surgery in 2018 (sounds unfair, a bypass op qualifies me to wear the tag 'Chronic heart disease'..... but you can't catch high cholesterol from me..... gotta be born defective to have my 'Disease' :ROFLMAO:)..... oh well, I'll lie low as advised, but how insane is this........ please suffer on while I explain;-

My mate - the CEO of Coles - has emailed customers to advise 'coles on-line shopping' and all 'delivery/pick up' services have been cancelled.

Thanks a bunch mate! - so we all have to visit the supermarket to get regular groceries?...... that'll help spread the virus........ I want/need to have fresh food supplies delivered to my door (no need to enter and deliver to the kitchen - so the driver is kept safe), and I don't need any toilet rolls :rolleyes:........ so come on Coles...... your community hour for 65+ and wheelchair people (7am-8am) is only squeezing people together in queues/shops, putting them at more risk......... also, shortening the trading hours is dumb, instead of extending hours well into the night so we can shopper-distance ourselves outside of busy hours.

Increasing the online and delivery service staff would have been the intelligent option....... keeping 'at risk' groups safer at home and reducing the spread from needless in store contact......... I have had to tell my 88yo mother that she can't come shopping due the high risk to her health..... so she misses out on an outing and some exercise walking the shopping plaza aisles..... but I also have to be sure I don't bring any bugs in after I have had to go for supplies..... thanks Coles!

I attempted contact with Coles, but so have many thousands of other disgruntled customers........ eventually got hold of a 'chat room' contact, who advised to use "Foodbank"......... what a joke!......... Coles are running away from their obligations to supply essential services.......... I hope they re-instate the online shopping and put more delivery trucks on the fleet....... I have a table I can place at the front door..... no covid19 here, but just in case, so the driver is kept safe.

I am stunned by their inbred stupidity...... more virus spread will lead to 'lock downs' and China style closure of pubs/clubs/cafes/restaurants and much hardship. The Prime Minister's example of going to the footy last Saturday night wasn't the best - he may have gone home with CV19 (it is spread by people during the 24hr period prior to any symptoms showing and then takes 5+days to incubate in the new host).

Orange bikes and their owners are excluded from all this aren't they? ...... ;)

Hope you all stay well, and well away from the CV19 bugs! See you on the road when it's all done and dusted......

·
Dirt Wizard
4,129 Posts
It's media and social media that has blown all this bs out of proportion and put the world into panic.
I know we talk a bit sh-t and go off subject a lot, but I vote we don't discuss covid19 on the forum.

·
Super Moderator
1,051 Posts
It's media and social media that has blown all this bs out of proportion and put the world into panic.
I know we talk a bit sh-t and go off subject a lot, but I vote we don't discuss covid19 on the forum.
Second that thought @DW We get enough misinformed hysteria on every media outlet as it is without agitating here.

Just to clarify @DaveAu numbers there have been 7 deaths in Australia not 180. If you are going to spruke mate get the facts straight before hitting the post button.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The Prime Minister's example of going to the footy last Saturday night wasn't the best - he may have gone home with CV19 (it is spread by people during the 24hr period prior to any symptoms showing and then takes 5+days to incubate in the new host).
I think you'll find he didn't go to the footy. Said he was going but after Dutton tested positive had a change of mind, probably for the best. Again this just reinforces that need to take anything you read on social media with a grain of salt.

Last I've got to say on the subject gonna go along with DW's suggestion.

Iain

·
Super Moderator
597 Posts
Yup shut it down. I come on this forum to connect with people and learn more about bikes so would appreciate not being exposed to anymore outlets of COVID-19.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yes sorry...... been watching too many news reports and got the figures wrong - sincere apols to all - I watch the TV news not facebook or sky...... but I got the data muddled up.

I see the number of tested +ve cases in Aus is now 1000 - I'd love to know where all the cases are..... maybe you country blokes have nothing to be concerned about, but us city guys will have to be careful.

Orange is still a good antivirus colour right?

·
Dirt Wizard
4,129 Posts
Yes Dave, Orange is. Now go and ride on this beautiful sunny day while I close this thread.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.