KTM Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2020 SDR
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone was using this and what is your opinion on it.
I think it is the new version of KTM My Ride, which I read was aweful.

·
Registered
57 Posts
My Ride is terrible. Glitchy navigation, bad interface, minimally useful. Following this thread because I'm also curious about anyone's experience with a new iteration.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Update- I tried to install and test this app without success. It is only set up to support 2022+ SDR (mine is 2020) and requires a VIN be entered to verify the unit. Not functional for me, probably why it earned just over 2 stars in the app store. Fail again, KTM.

·
Registered
2020 SDR
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update- I tried to install and test this app without success. It is only set up to support 2022+ SDR (mine is 2020) and requires a VIN be entered to verify the unit. Not functional for me, probably why it earned just over 2 stars in the app store. Fail again, KTM.
Yes the same thing happened to me and I put in my VIN. I think I'm losing faith very quickly in KTM and their weak attempts at making a decent app.

·
Registered
2022 1290 Super Duke EVO
35 Posts
I went looking for the KTM My Ride app and it's unavailable. I tried the KTM Connect app instead and it allowed me to input my 2022 SDR EVO VIN successfully. However my bike still doesn't want to find the app when I try to pair the bike to my phone. Dealer is looking into it and is supposed to get back with me when they find a solution. I'll post back whenever I hear anything.

·
Registered
2020 SDR
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went looking for the KTM My Ride app and it's unavailable. I tried the KTM Connect app instead and it allowed me to input my 2022 SDR EVO VIN successfully. However my bike still doesn't want to find the app when I try to pair the bike to my phone. Dealer is looking into it and is supposed to get back with me when they find a solution. I'll post back whenever I hear anything.

These are the things that make me doubt manufactures and their commitment to buyers. I mean how much of an embarassment is it for KTM or do they just don't care?

·
Registered
19’ SDR
146 Posts
I ran the "My Ride" for a bit and when it worked it was okay at best. great to see what calls I am receiving but I wish it had the GPS displayed like the Gt or Adventure bikes. Connectivity was unstable and inconsistent. So, erased the app from my phone and rely on my Cardo Packtalk. This app feature is evidently not a priority on KTM's list for sure as we are still discussing this in 2022.(n)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Erst mal ein Hallo an Alle, ich hab mich vor einem 1/2 Jahr dazu entschlossen mir die 1290 SuperDuke GT, MY 21 zu gönnen nach zig Yamaha Jahren.
Das KTM My Ride war auch einer der Gründe. Kein lästiger Handyhalter, einfach die Infos nur über das Display.
Da ja inzwischen das My Ride angeblich abgeschaltet wurde hab ich mir das KTM Connect runter geladen.
Tja, leider finde ich mein 21er Bike nicht.
Übrigens hab ich nur durch Zufall gerade erfahren, dass die MyRide App nicht mehr funktioniert.
Irgend wie fühle ich mich mit der Marke nicht wohl. Da kann ich doch eine Mitteilung per Newsletter versenden und auf die neuen Modalitäten hinweisen.
So genug ausgekotzt, wann, wie, wo kann ich meine VIN von meinem 21er Bike eingeben um die Navi nutzen zu können?
Weiß da schon jemand Bescheid?
Ach und noch was: ist das Forum auf Amerikanischer Seite beheimatet?

·
Registered
2020 SDR
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Erst mal ein Hallo an Alle, ich hab mich vor einem 1/2 Jahr dazu entschlossen mir die 1290 SuperDuke GT, MY 21 zu gönnen nach zig Yamaha Jahren.
Das KTM My Ride war auch einer der Gründe. Kein lästiger Handyhalter, einfach die Infos nur über das Display.
Da ja inzwischen das My Ride angeblich abgeschaltet wurde hab ich mir das KTM Connect runter geladen.
Tja, leider finde ich mein 21er Bike nicht.
Übrigens hab ich nur durch Zufall gerade erfahren, dass die MyRide App nicht mehr funktioniert.
Irgend wie fühle ich mich mit der Marke nicht wohl. Da kann ich doch eine Mitteilung per Newsletter versenden und auf die neuen Modalitäten hinweisen.
So genug ausgekotzt, wann, wie, wo kann ich meine VIN von meinem 21er Bike eingeben um die Navi nutzen zu können?
Weiß da schon jemand Bescheid?
Ach und noch was: ist das Forum auf Amerikanischer Seite beheimatet?

Yeah I was thinking the same thing.

·
Registered
2022 1290 Super Duke EVO
35 Posts
BTW, I double checked that I had Bluetooth set to "ON" in the bike's settings menu, it was, so that's not the issue. There also isn't a "My Ride" icon anywhere in the bike's menu on the TFT dash either. I haven't made it out to the dealer yet, so I still don't have any answers as to what might be the issue.🤔

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
KTM connect doesn't even recognize an email address, I'm trying to create an account and it doesn't accept my email.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was wondering if anyone was using this and what is your opinion on it.
I think it is the new version of KTM My Ride, which I read was aweful.
I just purchased my 2022 Supper Adventure R , downloaded this KTM connect app. It connected without any issue. I was able to Sync my phone using the app and allowed me to function without any trouble. Yes, it did ask me to enter VIN and downloaded map and able to see navigation route on my TFT display. I wish I can upload my gpx file. It’s painful to create map on this app but good for point A to B only.

Hopefully, they will update with all latest features to compete other apps out there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Its gone ,hope its come s online soon, upgraded 🤩

·
Registered
2020 SDR
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Work for a KTM Dealership - talked to KTM Canada yesterday. They confirmed that KTM My Ride has been discontinued and that KTM Connect will support older models by this summer.
It would be nice but, I don't believe a damm word KTM says in regards to a timeline. I mean what kind of company puts out an app that is not even completed for their products. Not to mention they could have done much better for the apps capibilities. I really expected more from KTM.

·
Registered
2020 KTM Super Adventure S
2 Posts
It would be nice but, I don't believe a damm word KTM says in regards to a timeline. I mean what kind of company puts out an app that is not even completed for their products. Not to mention they could have done much better for the apps capibilities. I really expected more from KTM.
I agree, it's very frustrating as I'm not able to use it with my bike either. Just wanted to pass along what they told me!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts