KTM Forums banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2022 1290 Super Duke EVO
37 Posts
Some good and bad news after the dealership visit yesterday. Good news is that they downloaded an update to the TFT dash and now the "My Ride" option shows up on my menu. The bad news is that while I was able to pair my phone to the bike, i couldn't do the same with my Sena 5S Bluetooth headset. I'll try it with my Sena 10C headset on my other helmet and see if I can get that one to work. While the bike is paired to my phone only, I can't hear navigation prompts or any music I'm playing. If my other headset won't pair either, I'll just turn off Bluetooth on the bike until KTM gets their $#!t sorted out. I can't really do without the nav prompts as I don't like taking my eyes off the road to try to figure out the GPS map.

·
Premium Member
SDR EVO, 701 SM, GROM
38 Posts
I was able to pair my phone to my bike, but I don't do much touring anymore on the superduke, so I don't really see a point to it - and I just rather have my phone paired to my headset? I'll have to do a ride to really see, but I have a feeling I will just connect phone to sena, and keep it that way.

And along with the suspension settings, traction, wheelie, and all the other packs, the screen and buttons is overwhelming haha. (Man I sound old)

·
Registered
749 Posts
I use the offline maps (good for back winding roads with no cell reception) and on-dash turn by turn directions. Very good when you don’t know the way and out riding some twisties.

But the new app doesn’t support my 2020 SuperDuke, luckily I have still go my previously purchased app on my phone, but if I ever delete it, it’s gone for good as it’s not on the App Store anymore.

:-/

·
Registered
1 Posts
I spoke to a really helpful chap at KTM UK who said that they are making Connect backwards compatible for <2022 models and that work is underway now. Hopefully released in next 2-3 months. My Ride is disappearing altogether. Which is not really a loss.

·
Registered
749 Posts
What does KTM Connect bring in terms of additional functionality? Can you import.gpx files?
Compared to what?
The old app? Likely nothing, or at least nothing of interest to me.
No app at all? GPS turn directions, and range to next turn, on your dashboard… Thats about it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was told that KTM Connect for Android now supports 2020-2021 bikes. Give it a try if you are on this platform.
Yes indeed I can now see my 2020 SDR in the android app.

I have yet to connect it up (I will try today) but on first look it seems the basic nav is a £7 one time purchase and then there is a premium one which will cost £12 per month and gives some extra features.

Anyway at least KTM are now sorting this app out to be backwards compatible.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was wondering if anyone was using this and what is your opinion on it.
I think it is the new version of KTM My Ride, which I read was aweful.

An update has been done and you can find your bike by entering the VIN. On my phone there was no indication that an update was available. I just happen to open the app and saw the notification. I'm still trying to figure out the app. The basic version cost $11.99 CDN. I managed to connect my phone to the bike now I'm wondering if I can display navigation/map on the dash? Does any know?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Was able to connect my 2020 SDGT in Aus by VIN and Bluetooth.
I only seem to get caller id info.

No info or ability to change or view songs from Spotify like the bike suggests. And Nav turn by turn doesn't work either despite my $13 AUD purchase

Pretty crap considering this was a big sell point for me when purchasing the SDGT

·
Registered
3 Posts
Was able to connect my 2020 SDGT in Aus by VIN and Bluetooth.
I only seem to get caller id info.

No info or ability to change or view songs from Spotify like the bike suggests. And Nav turn by turn doesn't work either despite my $13 AUD purchase

Pretty crap considering this was a big sell point for me when purchasing the SDGT
Hey, you need to connect your Bluetooth headset with the bike and not the phone for the music stuff to work. You do the connection in the same place as where you connect to the phone, but choose “Headset Rider” instead

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey, you need to connect your Bluetooth headset with the bike and not the phone for the music stuff to work. You do the connection in the same place as where you connect to the phone, but choose “Headset Rider” instead
Do you know if turn by turn navigation can be displayed on the dash?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Do you know if turn by turn navigation can be displayed on the dash?
Hey

Sure, if you have the connection working (and music working) then the turn-by-turn should also work. The only thing to consider is that you need to use the KTM App for GPS for the turn-by-turn to show up on the display of the motorcycle.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts