KTM Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it does this sound when the engine is hot/warm. It might not do that everytime. When riding and giving it throttle the engine sounds normal, it seems to do it in idle or rolling with clutch engaged. I was wondering is it something normal?
It has new cam chain and new hydraulic tensioner(oem)
Pulling the clutch does not change the sound

·
Registered
1 Posts
So it does this sound when the engine is hot/warm. It might not do that everytime. When riding and giving it throttle the engine sounds normal, it seems to do it in idle or rolling with clutch engaged. I was wondering is it something normal?
It has new cam chain and new hydraulic tensioner(oem)
Pulling the clutch does not change the sound
[/QseeUOTE]

·
Dirty Wiz
4,732 Posts
Are you high ?
F-cks me what he's carrying on about?
Welcome to the forum by the way.
That seems like a very high idle for a carbied 530?
Has it always idled that fast? Does sound like chain or just loose valve clearance.
Can you slow the revs down a bit and give us another listen?
Or as I mentioned this trick in another post not so long ago. Use a cut off piece of garden hose or 3/8 oil cooler hose about 2 feet long and jam one end in your ear and touch it around spots of the engine. This should amplify the sound where it is worse and help you pin point it.

·
Super Moderator
3,069 Posts
Has it always idled that fast? Does sound like chain or just loose valve clearance.
Or as I mentioned this trick in another post not so long ago. Use a cut off piece of garden hose or 3/8 oil cooler hose about 2 feet long and jam one end in your ear and touch it around spots of the engine. This should amplify the sound where it is worse and help you pin point it.
I prefer using a long screw driver and putting the handle against my ear while I have the steel end on to the motor. Move it around on the motor and you will soon find out where the noise comes from.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh okay, yes it has idled always that way. But i have owned it for only 3 weeks. How do you adjust the idling? When i changed the tensioner the chain seemed tight and ok, its weird that the sound is kinda erratic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts