KTM Forums banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
KTM wins the Moto2 and Moto3 races and podiums the GP at Valencia. Yeah, it rained, so what? Everyone had to race under the same conditions and Marquez and Rossi crashed out. But we’ll take it.

·
Super Moderator
1,786 Posts
KTM wins the Moto2 and Moto3 races and podiums the GP at Valencia. Yeah, it rained, so what? Everyone had to race under the same conditions and Marquez and Rossi crashed out. But we’ll take it.
Moto3 kid was awesome.... Olivera i'd exepct nothing less... Spag P, very very impressive performance.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The GP bike is a V4, the Moto 3 bike is s single and the Moto 2 bikes are all Triumph 675-powered. Coupled to the factory’s lack of a liter or liter+ class street sportbike, not much there to market. But if things keep moving forward in MotoGP, who knows?

·
Registered
529 Posts
The GP bike is a V4, the Moto 3 bike is s single and the Moto 2 bikes are all Triumph 675-powered. Coupled to the factory’s lack of a liter or liter+ class street sportbike, not much there to market. But if things keep moving forward in MotoGP, who knows?

well KTM are clearly spending lots on money on this at the moment, You have to ask yourself why.........

no bike business spends this money unless they think the can get payback by selling bikes.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[l

well KTM are clearly spending lots on money on this at the moment, You have to ask yourself why.........

no bike business spends this money unless they think the can get payback by selling bikes.
True but the bikes they plan to sell might not be direct descendants like the R1M and the Panigale V4.

MotoGP is the cutting edge of electronic rider aids and KTM (along with Bosch) has shown great interest in how that translates to the street.

·
Registered
529 Posts
True but the bikes they plan to sell might not be direct descendants like the R1M and the Panigale V4.

MotoGP is the cutting edge of electronic rider aids and KTM (along with Bosch) has shown great interest in how that translates to the street.

electronic rider aids have generally got to be good news for the majority of riders so if this is the least we get out of it it's still a win.

i just suspect there will be more

·
Super Moderator
844 Posts
Right numbers, wrong order.

The Moto2 bikes for 2019 are all powered by the Triumph 765 triple. The KTM reference is the frame manufacturer. Same for Kalex, Speedup etc. The 2018 bikes were still the Honda 600 4 cylinder engine.

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2018/11/11/a-new-era-motoe-and-moto2-make-headlines-in-2019/278155

No arguments with any of the other comments or sentiments in this thread. :grin2:

·
Super Moderator
1,786 Posts
I think the Moto2 bikes are going to be right up there.... but the MotoGP bikes are still not quite there... but 'there' is such a small amount it's so so hard to get to. 1 second, 1% the final 1%.... Rider or bike.... Hmm there's a question. Do they need 'someone' to take it to the pointy end... Or are the riders they have the ones capable of it...

I guess we'll know in 2-3 days time.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
686 Posts
anyone have a link to the races that converts race starts to our particular time zone - for me N.America eastern looks like 1:00 pm?

·
Super Moderator
844 Posts
anyone have a link to the races that converts race starts to our particular time zone - for me N.America eastern looks like 1:00 pm?
Yeasss - try this link to motogp.com.

Click on the "Schedue and Results tab and then select "your time" to get schedule details.

We get the race starting at 03:00 on Monday morning.

http://www.motogp.com/

Pete

·
Registered
686 Posts
Yeasss - try this link to motogp.com.

Click on the "Schedue and Results tab and then select "your time" to get schedule details.

We get the race starting at 03:00 on Monday morning.

http://www.motogp.com/

Pete
Thanx Pete, MOTOGP starts @ 1:00pm for us here, usually don't bother watching the smaller bikes but after reading what's being said about the quality of the racing I might take a look. It all begins at 10am... tho that's a long time for me to sit still. Looking forward to AustinGP in a month, want to see the old guy "46" before he retires. Honda on paper looks tight with two assassins in the saddle now.

·
Super Moderator
844 Posts
First day of practice for Qatar MotoGp weekend. Old #46 shone early but didn't improve on his time when the sun went down and the lights came on in Free Practice 2.

Fastest KTm in MotoGp class was Pol Esparago #44. He managed a lap that was 98.53% as fast as Marquez, who was fastest. Unfortunately that translates to 1.673 seconds and 15 places behind Marquez. Being nearly "there" is getting harder and harder for these guys, and factories each year.

Lots of great info for the number crunchers here:

http://www.motogp.com/en/Results+Statistics

Brilliant narrative and journalism on this site. I think this is the best site for MotoGp by far.

https://motomatters.com/

1 - 20 of 116 Posts
About this Discussion
115 Replies
8 Participants
Hammerhead
KTM Forums
KTM Forums is the forum community for dirt bike motorcycle enthusiasts covering the KTM Duke, Sport minicycles, Off-road bikes, KTM 1190 RC8 and all KTM Motorcycles.
Full Forum Listing