KTM Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We’ve had to change the throttle cable and now can’t get it started. We’ve adjusted mixture and idle. Is there anyone out there who could assist. Spark plug is working very well, don’t ask how I know. The bike was running real well before the change.
Rob

·
Super Moderator
1,301 Posts
Is the carbi slide moving freely? And does it go all the way to the bottom when you let go of the throttle handle?
Is the needle fitted properly? And is it all the way to the bottom inside the carbi slide?
Are you able to adjust the throttle cable so there is a small slack before the throttle handle starts pulling the carbi slide upwards inside the carbi?

·
Premium Member
2,432 Posts
+1 with @Axzon
Be sure to recheck your work carefully. I suspect your carburetor slide or needle may be fouled during reinstallation. I would be concerned that your engine could experience a runaway if it started in this condition. Visually recheck all work before attempting to start motor. Make sure throttle control and carburetor slide are operating properly and not binding. Be sure throttle control is adjusted for proper free play when finished and make sure once your bike is running the handlebar travel from side to side does not affect engine speed when turning handlebars.

Reactions: Axzon
1 - 3 of 3 Posts