KTM Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ktm-parts.com

You might want to order this from the dealer. I was going to order from KTM-PARTS.com until I saw that they were going to charge me $50 shipping for a $62 part!

I am very interested in this shield though, it should make any freeway travel bearable.

·
Registered
48 Posts
so chuck, you actually TRIED looking that up,, or you just like to post their web page????

didn't think so, ,,,,,, as munn does't have the shield in their data base....

KTM part # is 75608065100

ktm-parts are only tried to charge me $9.95 shipping [ just now ] ,,, but I have yet to call local dealer,,,, will wait to find out their price...

Bri 690,, you my want to try KTM-parts again,,, make sure you put in your STATE,, the default shipping is INTERNATIONAL... that is probably where your mistake came from

·
Registered
45 Posts
Shipping

It seems as though I had all my info in and was ready to approve the sale and it still said $49.xx. The shipment would have been from CA to MI, so I wasn't expecting it to be cheap, but.... $9.95 sounds very reasonable.

I ended up ordering from Cheap Parts.com who is a sponsor of this site and am getting a seat and the shield for $25 shipping, so it all worked out.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ya'll really need to sign up for KTM-Parts email list......they occasionally have 20% off days.....today is one of them with the presidents day discount code....I've never been charged shipping from them but then again my orders are never under $300 :rolleyes:

It seems as though I had all my info in and was ready to approve the sale and it still said $49.xx. The shipment would have been from CA to MI, so I wasn't expecting it to be cheap, but.... $9.95 sounds very reasonable.

I ended up ordering from Cheap Parts.com who is a sponsor of this site and am getting a seat and the shield for $25 shipping, so it all worked out.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Ya'll really need to sign up for KTM-Parts email list......they occasionally have 20% off days.....today is one of them with the presidents day discount code....I've never been charged shipping from them but then again my orders are never under $300 :rolleyes:
thanks ! just bought one today for $60.37 delivered...

save 10% for signing up for e-mail alerts,, and then another 10% off that cuase it is Prez day

·
Registered
48 Posts
the touring shield is Here,,,, an amazing two days since ordering online Monday..
UPS must have very few things to deliver in these economic times.......hence the FAST shipping

it is raining all day today, so no test ride..
instructions appear to be written by a 2 yr old,, or anyone on Obamas team...
so basically , worthless.

those with common sense should be able to figure things out

worth $60 ?

No,,,,, maybe $35

made in Italy, like every piece of plastic I have ever removed from this bike...

just what exactly is made in Austria ?:confused:

·
Registered
48 Posts
have you had a chance to ride with it yet?
I did today,,, works great, takes just enough air off the center of your chest,,, really works better than it would appear to do so..
should be standard equipment..

actually worth the $60 it cost me,, now that I have spend the day behind it..
high today was 54F in the lower elevations,, a bit colder at the top of RRSH..

not a problem with a Eclipse heated Vest and KTM grip Heaters, along with the usual full riding gear...

·
Registered
45 Posts
I want to put my vote in too. The screen is awesome. It takes just the right amount of air off the torso. Must have!

·
Registered
178 Posts
I made this little "bugger" flyscreen after riding this weekend, a few rivets and extra clear shield and Viola! (Should keep the bugs and any rain off the ignition)-I painted by little beak silver/chrome. I havent tested it yet, but it should work ok.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts