KTM Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It’s about time ktm put a spare key with their bikes total joke really I was out on my 1290 super adventure s when I get the notice key out of range must have some how worked it’s way out of my pocket.
I get home I’ll use the spare key only to find no spare just a key to get under the seat what use is that I ask
so I ring the dealer to get a new plus a spare and twenty mins later a call back hi sir £236.36p each absolutely outrageous price so only one key to buy and a six week wait really put me off KTM I don’t think I’ll be buying another

·
Registered
2 Posts
It’s about time ktm put a spare key with their bikes total joke really I was out on my 1290 super adventure s when I get the notice key out of range must have some how worked it’s way out of my pocket.
I get home I’ll use the spare key only to find no spare just a key to get under the seat what use is that I ask
so I ring the dealer to get a new plus a spare and twenty mins later a call back hi sir £236.36p each absolutely outrageous price so only one key to buy and a six week wait really put me off KTM I don’t think I’ll be buying another
The 1290 S is supplied with a spare key, just like every other bike. But it's not a remote one that you can use without taking it out of your pocket. You did read pages 42-43 of the owner's manual, right?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You know what mean two keys to start the bike not a fob and a key to get under the seat that doesn’t need a key to get under

1 - 4 of 4 Posts