KTM Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2022 SDR Evo
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's what I have tried so far.

1. Removed stock pads, scuffed them up, chamfered the edges. Put Permatex ceramic lube on pin and back of pads. Scuffed and cleaned rotor. Squeak came back in one ride.
2. After reading some posts and now thinking it was the pads, I purchased some EBC Double-H FA266HH. This time I put some of the CRC Disc Brake Quiet spray on the back of the pads to try. I thought it got it. It lasted almost 400 miles but the squeak is now back.
3. Also tried some hard braking runs (aka Bedding In) and braking under power. That would silence the squeak for a while that day but it would come back.

Anyone have a solution to this?

·
Registered
435 Posts
G'day, yup been through this. The problem is chain fling contaminating the rear disk. So after cleaning/decontaminating the pads and disks, give the outer side of your chain a wipe down using some chain cleaner on a cloth. This will greatly reduce chain fling and is particularly important after applying some lube.

·
Registered
2022 SDR Evo
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
G'day, yup been through this. The problem is chain fling contaminating the rear disk. So after cleaning/decontaminating the pads and disks, give the outer side of your chain a wipe down using some chain cleaner on a cloth. This will greatly reduce chain fling and is particularly important after applying some lube.
Now that you mention it. I do have to wipe my rear wheel down after my rides. Seems to be right in line with my rear disc on the wheel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts