KTM Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For real owners, what are your thoughts on the bike and if you were buying today, would you buy again abs what options would you get?

Does the 890 adventure S have the same options as the 890 R? (I can’t find the R).

·
Registered
3 Posts
You can ask the same question to most 790 Adv riders. Very similar bike. The 890 supposedly has corrected some known potential issues the 790's had.

Fantastic bike.. the 890's I believe come with some really nice standard features.. cruise control for example...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought 890 adventure S and love it. I test drove gs1250 and great bike but decided I didn't need that big of an adventure bike. The ktm low tanks and under 500lbs made this a clear choice for me. Feels very light, comfortable and in control. I'm 59 years old. 6'4 235lbs and made some mods. As far as a must is something for wind buffering. I went with MRA tall screen with additional attachment on top. Works well. The other mods I won't go into detail cause don't need to waste your time. But I do like the bike very much. Intermediate rider (although been riding for 50 years) . I ride this about 60% percent trails, 40% street. I also have a bmw grand america that's big but of course strictly touring so I just enjoy both. As I get older the lighter bike feels right. Good luck and enjoy the search!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Over 22k miles on my 2019 790R. If something happens to it, I will go buy the first 890R available. Other than suspension, seat, and windscreen; there are not many differences between the R and S, but to me the suspension was well worth the extra $1k. I have Quickshift, Cruise, and Rally (which came standard on the 790R) and highly recommend getting them. Nothing compares to the 790/890R. Tiger, BMW, T700 are occasionally compared to the S, but the R is a beast off-road and in a class of it’s own. If you intend to ride aggressive off-road, wait for an R. If not, the S is a great bike with the same awesome electronics, and the engine has plenty enough power to put a big grin on your face.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Agree Don. For the extra 1k suspension is definitely worth it. They were out of the "R" when I was looking so I was happy with the S. They had two left and for my riding and getting older and not to aggressive these days I decided that this would work. I would need to spend well over 1k to change suspension but so far , so good. However if the R was available and not sold out I really think I would of went that way. Safe riding.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I recently demoed a new 890R and posted what I thought in a tread: 790 ADV vs 890. The 890 engine is very smooth at low RPMs and the additional torque is impressive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts