KTM Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked up a 2011 rc8r. Love the bike but to me it seems like the throttle currently on it is boring, I believe it has the progressive throttle in it the way it rides. What brand/part etc do I need to shorten the throttle pull and give it linear power? I don't like trying to bury my wrist when I want to get on it. I'm looking for something that is a direct replacement, I would be interested in a used one if someone has one.

·
Registered
280 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the Google search, doesn't answer my question. I've heard mixed things whether they're direct fit or not

·
Registered
141 Posts
Thanks for the Google search, doesn't answer my question. I've heard mixed things whether they're direct fit or not
How does that not answer the question? I clicked on one of the links and it takes you right to the page and has the RC8r as an option even. I think I might be ordering one myself because I have the same issue and there's a couple reviews that it might eliminate the choppiness at low RPM's too.

UPDATE: Ordered! We'll see how it goes.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have the revolver 1/4 turn on my track bile, fit like a glove.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I seriously doubt you need 1/4 turn for street riding. If you do, you really need to take it to the track.
+1 :thumbup:

·
Registered
141 Posts
+1 :thumbup:
IDK if I agree with that actually. I just installed the G2 model and after 125 miles of basically just comuting, I love it! I can't wait to get into some twisties w it but this is the throttle that should have came on this bike, if you ask me. It's more of the throttle I expected when I first threw a leg over this thing of beauty. And to the OP's question about fitment, the G2 fit right up to the bike w no problems at all.

·
Registered
113 Posts
The Motion Pro Quick throttle is a direct fit, it comes with multiple reels so you can pick which will work for you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts