KTM Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of any aftermarket footpegs that have a grippier texture/knurling to fit the 1st gen GT? My stock pegs have the point "knobs" worn and rounded now and they are quite slippery when riding in rain. They were not very grippy even new.

I used some "Mpro" (ebay) brand pegs on my Previous triumph sprint that was quite grippy in all weather. Looking for something similar for the GT. Don't want any lowering pegs. Standard position works well for me.
eg:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw the puig. But did not think the rubber insert will solve my issue. I have never had a rubber insert peg provide grip in wet conditions. They are fantastic when dry though

·
Registered
39 Posts
I do not find them at all slippery in the wet. But there’s a variable there with one’s boots. The Dainese I wear are more slippery than the Daytonas I use when I travel. At any rate, when I shopped for foot pegs I didn’t find any other options anyway. Anything but the stock pegs were going to be an improvement. Not sure what KTM was thinking with smooth metal pegs for a travel bike (!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have had the Puig Sport on for about 18k miles. No issues with them at all and I commute in all weathers etc. I can't even see wear on them after all this time. Happy to recommend that as they take away some of the vibes and are a massive improvement on the stock ones for grip.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Anyone know of any aftermarket footpegs that have a grippier texture/knurling to fit the 1st gen GT? My stock pegs have the point "knobs" worn and rounded now and they are quite slippery when riding in rain. They were not very grippy even new.

I used some "Mpro" (ebay) brand pegs on my Previous triumph sprint that was quite grippy in all weather. Looking for something similar for the GT. Don't want any lowering pegs. Standard position works well for me.
eg:
View attachment 101409

·
Registered
2019 Sdgt
15 Posts
Knightdesignllc.com of washington state. They have some great foot pegs that you won't slip off of. I went with the 1 1/4" ? lowering pegs. Had them on my other bike for over 100k miles and loved them.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Knightdesignllc.com of washington state. They have some great foot pegs that you won't slip off of. I went with the 1 1/4" ? lowering pegs. Had them on my other bike for over 100k miles and loved them.
Just checked them out. Sweet machining. Wish they made a rubber peg for my GT!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
4 Posts
+1 on the Piug trail pegs. I’ve been running those for two years now on the SDGT with no issues. And they seem ok in the wet. But I will say the Puig sport pegs on my SDR are little slippery with wet boots.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I also switched to the PUIG Trail footpegs. Also used their 20mm lowering adapter for more legroom. Since I put the powerpart seat on, I gained an inch and a half of legroom which does make a difference.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just in case anyone in this thread can help...

Looking for some elusive Puig peg adapters =/

·
Registered
32 Posts

I bought a set on EBAY 3 weeks ago. Installed them last week. Used the Trail footpegs with them. Takes away a lot of the vibration with the rubber insert.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I bought a set on EBAY 3 weeks ago. Installed them last week. Used the Trail footpegs with them. Takes away a lot of the vibration with the rubber insert.
I was just trying to remove the pegs on my 2020.
There is no clip underneath anymore. Does the pin just press out upwards?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Thanks
There is no cir-clip.
The pin is just pressed in. Very tight. I didn’t want to break something but I got it. I had to take the whole thing off and do it on the bench.
Oh, I have a SDR not a GT. I don’t know if they re the same.

·
Registered
18 SDR
1,723 Posts
If you want “grip” and comfort (these pivot) I would get Pivot Pegz - reach out to them as they could make a set for the Sdr/Gt.

i had them on my previous 690 and they were awesome - grip second to none and the pivoting mechanism was very comfortable when rotating your feet or shifting.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Holly hell! Those must reduce your top speed by 30 mph! Look at them, they look huge! More fitting on a BMX? :ROFLMAO:;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts