KTM Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

A Palm City, Fla. company has introduced a new device that will make your medical history easy to access for emergency personnel in case you get hurt while out on your motorcycle or anywhere else.

Connectyx Technologies Corp. created MedFlash, a simple USB storage device that can be attached to a keychain. Should you suffer a medical emergency on or off the road, emergency personnel can access your information by plugging the Med Flash into a USB port and viewing your emergency data file.

"What sets the MedFlash apart from the other personal medical devices is that it’s a web portal," Connectyx director of marketing Lisa Merkow told Motorcycle.com. "You can sync your MedFlash device with the web portal and upload and download the data so it’s always correct."

MedFlash is designed to work in any USB port and can be viewed without any special software. The one-gigabyte flash drive is about the same length as a house key. A credit card version is also available and can be carried in a billfold with your ID cards.

Merkow says the MedFlash is an ideal product for just about anyone riding a motorcycle or other powersports machine.

More: Medical alert device on Motorcycle.com

·
Registered
3 Posts
You know what I find interesting .... when a new product such as this finally comes along I always wonder what took so long. It is such a good/logical idea it just blows my mind.
Thanks for the post.

·
Registered
71 Posts
As far as technology goes. We are in the very beginning of what it will do for us. Cant wait to see whats next!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have to agree, I'm mad I didn't invent this. I know there are lots of personal medical alert systems like medical bracelets and other things like that-but I wasn't aware that they made keychains! That's an awesome idea. Thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
14,816 Posts
That is a great device for urban areas.

If any of you ride remote areas (I carry one in Baja), this
is a must.

http://www.findmespot.com/en/

·
Registered
71 Posts
That thing is cool dog. 100 bucks a year is cheap insurance for that kind of peace of mind.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts