KTM Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's KTM of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doesn’t anyone make a midpipe for the gen 3, with the 02 bung for the third 02 sensor? Keep the stock header pipe, remove the actual cat from the header pipes( it’s quite easy)

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There must be a way to fool that 3rd sensor

·
Registered
2021 Superduke 1290R
145 Posts
On a 2021 Harley that have also the 3the sensor behind the cat, I made a piece on the lathe with internal threads so that I could mount the sensor in and then drilled a hole in the exhaust ( V&H big radius ) and welded the piece on. The 3the sensor is in now place, about 300mm from the outlet and the bikes runs great without any fault code.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thx , u think it would be easy, thats exactly what I would do, but I wonder if the KTM Ecu
Would “ Comply”? The new gen 3 is so
Euro 5 compliant !, I’m surprised no one has
Done this mod on gen 3 yet! PS nice collection
How did that Honda get in there😜?

Reactions: KrisM

·
Registered
2021 Superduke 1290R
145 Posts
....! PS nice collection
How did that Honda get in there😜?
Thanks,

Well I ride all seasons except if it snows, that's the only exception when I take a car. The Goldwing is my travel and shopping vehicle :p , you will not find the smoothness of this bike in a Harley, that's why that choice. I've also had Street and Road Glides but neither of them is as smooth and fast as the Goldwing, with these I can easily go 200km/h for longer periods of time without any vibration or anything. If you do that with a Harley, you will be shaken up o_O.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I’ve had a goldwing Great bike! Sorry I sold it😔 didn’t have the room in my garage 😔
PS Flanders? So much sad history there😔

·
Registered
2021 KTM Superduke RR
281 Posts
Spark have this one, has the boss to fit the third sensor and even has the exhaust valve. That’s not a cat in the middle, it’s a resonator the same as the Akra

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Nice exhaust! Does it have all three 02 bungs?

·
Registered
2021 KTM Superduke RR
281 Posts
Wonder how much they cost.?? And whether running it with stock muffler or a reasonably baffled aftermarket muffler would require any ecu fuel adjustments?. Id like one.
I was quoted £1200 and told that I would need to get the bike remapped but have read elsewhere on here that someone contacted KTM and was told that if you used the third o2 sensor it would be fine.

·
Registered
2021 KTM Superduke RR
281 Posts
Wonder how much they cost.?? And whether running it with stock muffler or a reasonably baffled aftermarket muffler would require any ecu fuel adjustments?. Id like one.
Have a look at this link and read post #71 by @NOVArider52 ,different mid section but essentially the same.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Have a look at this link and read post #71 by @NOVArider52 ,different mid section but essentially the same.
Cheers bigtree.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I was quoted £1200 and told that I would need to get the bike remapped but have read elsewhere on here that someone contacted KTM and was told that if you used the third o2 sensor it would be fine.
1200 pound, thats around $2400 in NZ plus postage, plus import tax (GST). Hmmm, id like it tho.

·
Registered
86 Posts

Thanks BigTree -

Yep that's exactly what I had done. Chopped off the cat right where the headers attach and had a whole new mid section built with dual open race mufflers. No cat, no servo flap, and all three 02 sensors remain and all are fully operational. No remap was needed, confirmed with KTM service. Stock map, added the Healtech ESE to prevent error code for the servo delete and a DNA high flow air filter. No errors, CELs or other issues.

The bike runs absolutely amazing, I still plan on getting the Akra map someday, but honestly I am very happy with it as is. The sound is thunderous and it also removed a lot of weight from the bike.

·
Registered
2021 KTM Superduke RR
281 Posts
Thanks BigTree -

Yep that's exactly what I had done. Chopped off the cat right where the headers attach and had a whole new mid section built with dual open race mufflers. No cat, no servo flap, and all three 02 sensors remain and all are fully operational. No remap was needed, confirmed with KTM service. Stock map, added the Healtech ESE to prevent error code for the servo delete and a DNA high flow air filter. No errors, CELs or other issues.

The bike runs absolutely amazing, I still plan on getting the Akra map someday, but honestly I am very happy with it as is. The sound is thunderous and it also removed a lot of weight from the bike.

View attachment 105113 View attachment 105114 View attachment 105115
Have you had it on a dyno to see what the air/fuel ratio is ?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts