KTM Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's KTM of the Month Challenge!
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Have you had it on a dyno to see what the air/fuel ratio is ?
No, haven't dyno'd it. KTM stated the bike's ECU would learn its new parameters without the cat and as long as they weren't wildly off from the factory settings, there would be no error codes. So far, no issues or codes, so that leads me to conclude the Air/Fuel ratio is probably very close to stock. It "smells" richer when its running, but keep in mind all three 02's are also positioned before the cat. So, it may not be registering any changes at all in the ECU.

Overall, throttle response is sharper, it pulls harder and there's no flat spots in the curve. Very satisfied.

·
Registered
2021 KTM Superduke RR
281 Posts
No, haven't dyno'd it. KTM stated the bike's ECU would learn its new parameters without the cat and as long as they weren't wildly off from the factory settings, there would be no error codes. So far, no issues or codes, so that leads me to conclude the Air/Fuel ratio is probably very close to stock. It "smells" richer when its running, but keep in mind all three 02's are also positioned before the cat. So, it may not be registering any changes at all in the ECU.

Overall, throttle response is sharper, it pulls harder and there's no flat spots in the curve. Very satisfied.
You’re wrong about the third sensor position, it is between the two cats. Another concern of mine is my previous dealer told me if I deleted the servo I would lose my warranty, looks like all dealers are not equal.

·
Registered
86 Posts
My mistake on the third sensor, it visually looks to be before the cat. Either way, the removal of the cat with the stock map has not caused any issues or problems. Its been a few thousand miles since I had it done so I would surmise the ECU learned the new parameters as KTM indicated it would do. Agree on the dealers all not being equal, the KTM dealer actually installed the Rottweiler Stage 2 kit for me when it was in for its first service without any pushback or warnings. They'd done several kits for customers over the years. They even offered to do the remap when the time comes.

I can't discount the improvements on weight savings between the getting rid of the stock muffler tube, the cat, the servo pulleys, cables, servo motor, the air injection system, charcoal canister, etc. not to mention deleting the passenger pegs, and replacing the fenders and rear seat cowl with carbon fiber ones. I wished I would've weighed it before I put it on the diet to see how much weight was removed.

Reactions: bigtree

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Nova rider, all these mods you’ve done were for the gen 3 SDR??

·
Registered
86 Posts
Nova rider, all these mods you’ve done were for the gen 3 SDR??
Drnick - yeah, all of them on the Gen 3 SDR. Also some other bits and pieces, tail tidy, signals, bar end mirrors, etc. But those were the major upgrades. I may upgrade to the powerparts rearsets and brake rotors at some point, but right now I also have a Super Tenere I am trying to outfit for some offroading/trail riding.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts