KTM Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased the MRA Sports Screen and fitted it on Thursday last. Spent two days and 1400 kms testing it out in all positions.

The screen balances the front of the bike for my eyes. The above shot is in the lowest setting and where I rode it after a trial of every other option.
The buffeting riders are familiar with from behind the OEM screen is gone in this position. I am 6'0' (183cm) with standard bars in the standard neutral position, and didn't try any other bar options. My head stayed above the turbulent air hitting my chest and reduced helmet noise by a huge margin. I wear earplugs and the two days were almost noiseless.
I did cop a few more bugs on the helmet visor but suspect the mid summer lushness of the New England plateau contributed to that. Having said that I only cleaned the visor when we stopped for fuel .. about every 350 kms.

At the highest position there was a trace of the buffeting, and graduated from that to zero as the screen was lowered.

So, a recommended product by me. Worth the 2 month wait to get it here in Australia.
The below pic shows the SP and OEM screen held with screw holes aligned for comparison.

·
Registered
2017 SD GT
31 Posts
Thanks AusPete, I’m actually looking for a new screen and this is on my “possible” list.

·
Super Moderator
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought it looking to reduce the buffeting, and hopefully improve water clearance during rain, fog etc.

I can't comment on the water clearance as we had no rain, but the buffeting has been greatly reduced on top setting and eliminated on bottom setting.

The guy I rode with had a high touring screen on his Ducati MS1200 Enduro and he baked in 35°C with no airflow onto him where I was sitting up in the breeze. Might not be very good in a UK winter, but works here.

·
Registered
2017 SD GT
31 Posts
That’s ok, I have pretty warm clothing (and a winter bike). Just looking for something to reduce buffeting a little whilst not looking like a barn door :) thanks

·
Registered
680 Posts
That screen looks perfect for a hot summer. Can you give us a shot of the bike from a few feet away so we can see how it looks on your bike? It works for the intended purpose but how does it look?

·
Super Moderator
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@DG Rig sorry for the delay. I have just undergone Cataract Surgery and now getting out and enjoying life without glasses.

So... Highest screen position - a little turbulence, but less than OEM

Lowest screen position - no turbulence

I am happy with my decision to buy this screen, but it may not suit everybody.

·
Registered
680 Posts
That screen looks really nice! Thanks for doing that and congratulations on the successful surgery and eyesight! That's big stuff. I think I'll get one of those screens to use in the summer to help keep me from burning up as badly as I have been for the last few years.

·
Registered
14 Posts
@DG Rig sorry for the delay. I have just undergone Cataract Surgery and now getting out and enjoying life without glasses.

So... Highest screen position - a little turbulence, but less than OEM

View attachment 100694

Lowest screen position - no turbulence

View attachment 100695

I am happy with my decision to buy this screen, but it may not suit everybody.
Just ordered one for my bike after reading your review. I noticed that when I stand on the pegs and get my helmet out of the turbulence it’s much quieter. Hoping the lower windscreen will make it quieter sitting too!
Congrats on the surgery. My wife is having the same done. I'm jealous, wish I could lose my glasses too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts