KTM Forums banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Full Throttle
6,518 Posts
So, i'd have two connectors coming off the one front sensor. I think the front determines speed?... Photo incoming!
you move the front sensor to the rear ring right next to the rear sensor, both sensors run off the rear ring.

Then if it works you fit a new front sensor, toggle switch into the front line so you can toggle between the ABS front and
dummy front(next to rear sensor.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
you move the front sensor to the rear ring right next to the rear sensor, both sensors run off the rear ring.

Then if it works you fit a new front sensor, toggle switch into the front line so you can toggle between the ABS front and
dummy front(next to rear sensor.
I got ya, based off the ebay used pics. The rear cable is longer than the front. I'd probably be looking at cutting and extending the front one to reach the rear. Looks like it plugs into the harness behind the headlight though i could be wrong. I'll have time to dig into it for a bit next week.

·
Super Moderator
2,198 Posts
I get where you're coming from. I get alot of joy from lofting the front wheel i. The air and chasing those wheelies. Wondering if getti g a UK ecu would work as an alternative

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk
You'd have to get one that has the track pack unlocked, which could be expensive. But would arguably make things easier in some ways yes.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
You'd have to get one that has the track pack unlocked, which could be expensive. But would arguably make things easier in some ways yes.
Oh, I was under the impression you could disable traction control and and without the track pack on UK models. Unlike my us model that just has abs option.

·
Full Throttle
6,518 Posts
Oh, I was under the impression you could disable traction control and and without the track pack on UK models. Unlike my us model that just has abs option.
Others have disabled abs on the dash, it doesnt counter anti wheelie,
your forced to sync the front and rear wheel sensors, then you can wheelie all the way to work.
you cant disable a sensor.

i could be wrong as i dont keep up with duke section so much but every cheap trick has been done to trick anti wheelie except fitting the 2x sensors parallel on the rear....

·
Full Throttle
6,518 Posts
sorry, didnt see you and weeksy chat.
you may have to get a full key set with ecu to have track pack. i saw one a while ago somewhere.

·
Full Throttle
6,518 Posts
I got ya, based off the ebay used pics. The rear cable is longer than the front. I'd probably be looking at cutting and extending the front one to reach the rear. Looks like it plugs into the harness behind the headlight though i could be wrong. I'll have time to dig into it for a bit next week.
didnt see this msg. ok pilot we have been waiting for a few years, next week comes fast.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
didnt see this msg. ok pilot we have been waiting for a few years, next week comes fast.
I put an offer in on a used front and rear abs sensor from ebay. I don't want to remove or cut anything that's currently on the bike. Making it switchable without cutting the factory harness or sensor cable and destroying whats left on my extended warranty would be hard. I'll leave it with the front unplugged and two in the rear if it works.

·
Super Moderator
2,198 Posts
I put an offer in on a used front and rear abs sensor from ebay. I don't want to remove or cut anything that's currently on the bike. Making it switchable without cutting the factory harness or sensor cable and destroying whats left on my extended warranty would be hard. I'll leave it with the front unplugged and two in the rear if it works.
Good man, exellent stuff. Could be a game changer for some people if you get this working. You're not alone in your desire.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Playing around. This is the idea so far. Straddle the existing rear sensor and use the same mounting bolt. Need to Drill holes for the on the lower section for the secondary sensor and weld a nut to the back of it. Managed to get 2 sensors for $44 after shipping/tax.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Should have the sensors tomorrow. Shouldn't take long to splice the two together plug n play. Hopes are high

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Happy to report that this method works. No abs light and senses speed. Will report back more after a couple wheelies. Both speed sensors front and back are the same part number and the same length. Neither were long enough and required splicing two together to get the length needed.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
But did it make it wheelie more?
Gearing is the only thing holding it back now. I road a 10 second or so 2nd gear wheelie today which would not have been possible before. Dropping one tooth in the front would make chasing 3rd gear wheelies a little more doable. It acts just like a bike should without tc and abs now basically.

·
Registered
8 Posts
it's your bike - but I think this mod hack is not correct - this hack will disable front abs - So these KTM bikes have a 6 axis IMU and advanced ABS front-rear linked - a 3 axis for Gyro and 3 axis for ACC - both the Acc and Gyro can detect sudden pitch changes (gyro) and the new elevated front wheel/frame angle in degrees° (Acc) without the associated "G" forces if it was say suddenly forced uphill (climbing up) - so it matters not what you do with ABS wheel sensors because the IMU will defeat you when it compares pitch angle to G forces. My suggestion since you cannot turn off TC(track mode) - is just use the ChrisBirch "compression" technique to try to trick the G force into a hill climb senario

·
Full Throttle
6,518 Posts
you have whats considered competing sensors. 1 sensor cant over rule and take priority if another sensor isnt showing any change.

my summary of the hack is tc or wheel speed vrs wheel speed has priority, which if the reports are confirmed about being able to wheelie anytime anywhere means that its a success because wheelie and stunts are cool.

abs,tc, sensors is useless for stunting.

the addition of the toggle switch to send feedback back to the front wheel sensor means its more than a hack, its a workaround.........

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
it's your bike - but I think this mod hack is not correct - this hack will disable front abs - So these KTM bikes have a 6 axis IMU and advanced ABS front-rear linked - a 3 axis for Gyro and 3 axis for ACC - both the Acc and Gyro can detect sudden pitch changes (gyro) and the new elevated front wheel/frame angle in degrees° (Acc) without the associated "G" forces if it was say suddenly forced uphill (climbing up) - so it matters not what you do with ABS wheel sensors because the IMU will defeat you when it compares pitch angle to G forces. My suggestion since you cannot turn off TC(track mode) - is just use the ChrisBirch "compression" technique to try to trick the G force into a hill climb senario
I'm not experiencing any anti wheelie control taking over at this point. My goal was to remove nannies while still being able to track miles, speed ect without errors on the dash. I was able to hold a balance point wheelie in 2nd. Before doing this, I might have gotten a little lift but the tc/anti wheelie would force the front back down before i got close to the balance point. I'm not sure about the gyros... But it's not effecting anything that I can notice at this point. I'd love to have abs in the front still. Unfortunately, I don't have that option. I'd rather have everything disabled than be stuck where I was. Eventually, I'll put a switch in. For now, I just have to remove the 6 headlight shroud bolts and plug the front sensor back in if i want the tc/abs/antiwheelie functional again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeah if you can wheelie - great - This nanny nonsense can all be fixed by Software - a simple firmware update ; ; but for some reason (lawyers) KTM still just calls it all TC, yet Honda (2020 AT) leads now - Honda have now realized that "Pitch"/Wheelie is a separate (desirable) function entirely to TC for the IMU. Both companies use the same Bosch IMU. I expect with enough pilots asking KTM directly for more control over wheelie angles - we will get the revised firmware. It will take a coordinated email campaign to Stephan Pierer. For me I ride most of the time with TC off (Dongle - i get Illegal" on every start up)) which is sad as the Yaw (drift) function is actually very useful/faster than a human - but i want wheelies too. so TC goes off.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts