KTM Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
hey

hi Mike, I did just speak with you about the motor interchangeability for the 92 model EXC I am trying to rebuild, versus the 250/300 motor you're working with. doubledoor, you may know as well, I sent some messages to you about this also. Do either of you , or anyone else, know what motors interchange with what years? Mine is a '92 model 250EXC. What transmission cases bolt into what all year frames ? If possible,I may be also looking for an upgrade to 300cc engine. The one I have prolly needs it all, crank,cylinder,etc. If I'm gonna spend money, and resurrect it, should I, could I just upgrade to a 300cc? Will it bolt in? Should I just part it out , and get a later model 2 stroke? I want a KTM 2 stroke dirt bike. I have one , that needs some megadolleros spent upon it. Advice ? what info u got for me , doubledoor ?

·
Registered
16 Posts
hi Mike, I did just speak with you about the motor interchangeability for the 92 model EXC I am trying to rebuild, versus the 250/300 motor you're working with. doubledoor, you may know as well, I sent some messages to you about this also. Do either of you , or anyone else, know what motors interchange with what years? Mine is a '92 model 250EXC. What transmission cases bolt into what all year frames ? If possible,I may be also looking for an upgrade to 300cc engine. The one I have prolly needs it all, crank,cylinder,etc. If I'm gonna spend money, and resurrect it, should I, could I just upgrade to a 300cc? Will it bolt in? Should I just part it out , and get a later model 2 stroke? I want a KTM 2 stroke dirt bike. I have one , that needs some megadolleros spent upon it. Advice ? what info u got for me , doubledoor ?
I only know stuff about the 93-97 bikes. Have you tried looking for interchange here?
http://65.57.254.60/munnracing/[email protected]&city=Idaho Falls&state=ID

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 92 exc 250,Motors in interchange 92-96,.Basically ,they really didnt change mainly untill 2000. when they went to the standard 66 x 72 bore and stroke. pre 2000 were 67 x 69.5.also pre 2000 models had the same crankshaft and double ring forged pistons. 2000 models SXs have single ring ,EXCs have double ring forgded piston.Clutch covers, inner clutch cases are all interchangeable with 92 models.www.mikescyclektm.com are great about getting parts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts