KTM Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2016 690 Duke
122 Posts
That is the connector for the stator to the regulator/rectifier. The yellow wire side should go through the left side engine case and the grey side should got to the R/R.

It looks like its seen some heat and is melting. This can happen when the connections are loose or dirty which will build resistance and generate heat.

Are you having electrical issues with your bike? Specifically charging system issues? I suspect that if you are not now, you will be soon.

I would take voltage and resistance readings for the electrical system to see if there is an issue. And I would, at a minimum, clean/inspect and grease the heck out of that connector if not replace it.

· Registered
2016 690 Duke
122 Posts
no electrical issues, i put contact spray in all plugs every time when i do chain and other lubrication, can be this be caused by bad r/r? sorry if you dont understand something its not my main language :)
When the plastic of the connector is getting hot enough to start melting, there is a problem somewhere. Most likely in the connector. As the plastic gets soft it allows the connectors for the individual wires to shift around essentially creating a bad connection. This will eventually cause a failure in the charging system.

If you don't have an issue with your charging system, you will soon.

Reactions: MishMashSD1290R
1 - 2 of 2 Posts