KTM Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I’m new here but not to dirt bikes. I’ve had many but this is just my second KTM and only my second 2 stroke. Any immediate upgrades you all would suggest besides what I just ordered?

On order:

KTM aluminum skid plate
Pro Moto Billet Fastway rear disc guard
Cycra pro bend hand guards
Slavens Mule H series Lectron 38mm carb

Bike is stock and has .1 Hours on it. I live in Phoenix where it’s 110 degrees and ride not only here in the summer but at elevation in Flagstaff as well 7-9000 feet.

I’m 6’2” and weigh 240lbs without gear so I know I’ll need a different rear shock spring and may need new suspension valving as well. All help appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also just ordered these from Slavens as well:

FMF Turbine core 2.1
FMF Factory fatty
VForce4 Reeds
S3 Mule Head

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update: just order a 5.2 orange rear spring for my riding weight and a Slavens SX CDI box for the 300.

·
Super Moderator
1,788 Posts
Nice!
Welcome to the forum.

Rangerman

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new bike it looks dope along with a nice list of upgrades coming (y)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you I will be installing some of the new pieces today and tomorrow and will post pics along the way. Stock for now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So this weekend I installed the Cycra pro bend hand guards, FMF Turbinecore 2.1 silencer, Slavens S3 high compression head with AA insert, Slavens Lectron Mule H 38mm carburetor, Vforce4 reed cage, KTM Skid Plate and orange 5.2kg/mm rear shock spring. So far after a 10 minute ride you can already feel how much more power this thing has and the Lectron was set perfect right from the factory. Very impressed. Still waiting on a inch of parts but I’m sure the FMF fatty and SX CDI box from Slavens will add even more power so I’m excited about that.

·
Super Moderator
1,788 Posts
WOW!
Really nice mods.
One fine looking KTM 2T for sure!

Rangerman

·
Premium Member
1,751 Posts
Wowzers!! 😃awesome bike!! All good sensible mods. Now take it out and get dirty:D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Planning on maybe getting a ride in this weekend if it isn’t 115 degrees. Also, doing some videos on the bike if you guys check out my channel at FROGMAN524 on YouTube.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I wonder how that brand new one will compare to my 98 300 EXC. I believe it to be rated at 51 HP. Do you know how many ponies you're running?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Put a new chain and new sprockets as well as new rear axle blocks and Works Connection rear brake reservoir cap on it today.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
5 Participants
FROGMAN524
KTM Forums
KTM Forums is the forum community for dirt bike motorcycle enthusiasts covering the KTM Duke, Sport minicycles, Off-road bikes, KTM 1190 RC8 and all KTM Motorcycles.
Full Forum Listing