KTM Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi New to the forum ,

Decided to try a single for a bit of fun ,I have a MV312R road bike and a SP1 track bike ,I live in NZ and where I live is rather twisty/canyon like . Must say its a great fun bike and certainly deal with the
larger bikes until you hit the straights .

Has anyone done any airbox mods - if so I would like to know what you have done. We did mod the pipe for a bit of fun to see how it works , seems fine and a bit different. But loud .

Regards

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Great looking bike. Sorry I can't help you with your question, but I am curious if you think that the 690 SM R could be a good only bike for a person. I'm in the market for a new motorcycle and have to make a somewhat rational decision. I do mostly in town and highway riding, some twisties, and occasionally a run on the interstate (80+ mph for 5 hours). I can get a great deal on a Super Duke, but cannot decide whether to go that way or with the SM R. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use the SMR for just hooning around where I live , but have done 4 hr trips on it , I find it actually better position than my road bike - MV312R . Just the amount of KM you get out of a tank is a bit low , I carry two litres on the rear. I have,nt riden a Duke before , but I find the SMR great and nimble around town , I have just drop the front sprocket down a tooth which seems to make it less snatchy arund town .

Regards

·
Registered
7 Posts
Air Box Mods plus lots more information!!!

Hi

If you want great info on all things KTM or you just want people to reply to your threads try another forum, this forum is the worst forum I have ever had the misfortune of experiencing!!!!:mad:

http://www.ktmforum.co.uk/index.php

The above forum is by far the best forum if you speak English. What makes it even better is that it's not full of Americans! :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi

If you want great info on all things KTM or you just want people to reply to your threads try another forum, this forum is the worst forum I have ever had the misfortune of experiencing!!!!:mad:

http://www.ktmforum.co.uk/index.php

The above forum is by far the best forum if you speak English. What makes it even better is that it's not full of Americans! :D
Hmmm. Classy last line.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Haha, I'm right there with you. I came to this site for some info, pictures, anything I could get. I don't want to completely blame this forum's lack of participation for it, but I'm not looking at KTM anymore. I hope the UK site is better though. As for me, I'm off to get my Husqvarna SM610 now...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would love to get a 690 SMC, but the KTM supermoto bikes are tough to find in my area. Plus I'd be looking at spending another $2000 USD to get this bike. Just doesn't quite seem worth it to me. Great looking bike though, I'm jealous!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts