KTM Forums banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
I lost mine when I was out for a ride on my 2017 too. They said if you ride it slowly then you can, but take it easy as the triple clamps ( why are they called that as there are only two of them ???!!! ) are man enough to do the job. I rode home OK but used the car to do the 40 miles to the local dealer !
I thought I had saw that someone else had lost theirs.

·
Registered
125 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Sun was shining and it's rarely done that lately, so i thought "Right, we're jumping on the bike". Off we went !

99% dry with a couple of minor and mostly avoidable damp bits.

Set into Sport mode, traction control enabled and ZOOOOOOOM we went.

The new Brembo SA pads, well, they're just incredible. I don't do 1 finger braking myself, but i easily could if i wanted to that's for sure.

The new power mode, well no, it's not night and day.. it's just a bit 'more' all round really... a little bit... I like having the TC, even if i'm not activating it, it does mean i can try and get out of the corners a tiny bit earlier, but again, it's not like i'm spinning it up and leaving dark lines on corner exit.

I did have a bit of a coming together with the local wildlife, it was off the road on the pavement and then decided the best plan was to jump into my bike... It was only when i stopped i saw that it's lost a wing. Stupid animal !

2019-10-16_04-15-08 by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

2019-10-16_04-14-53 by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

2019-10-16_04-14-39 by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

·
Super Moderator
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
2019-10-31_02-15-00 by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

Would have been rude not to scoot out.

Spent some time with my lad making home-made pizza and then while he was eating the sun came out. So 20 mins on the KTM was in order... couldn't say no really.

Roads are rubbish of course, the temp was rubbish at 11.5deg, but the ride was great :)

41 - 56 of 56 Posts