KTM Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
First post here, new guy with a new-to-me '20 390A, just got her a week ago and quite happy so far! Running though a few minor issues, the one I cannot figure out right now is the bluetooth function!
So, details are this, Galaxy S20 Ultra5G, paired and connects to the bike just fine. JBL BT earbuds, paired and connected to the bike just fine too. Also have a Sena 20S Evo connected and paired (deleted the JBL after installing the Sena).

Problem is this, all functions work perfectly but only for a little while. After taking off with the bike, if I try to do anything (pause, lower volume, ff or rewind), about the 2nd or 3rd button press it completely stops responding and I have to turn the bike off and back on to get it working again. Its like it loses BT connectivity for just the controls, as the music will continue playing just fine and I can control everything from the phone still. There's no app for the JBL earbuds, and since it worked, I didn't install the Sena app either. I also do NOT have the Sena paired to the phone just in case that interferes with controlling music from the phone through the bike.

I've removed both phone and headset and re-paired, yet this still happens. 1v10 is installed on the bike, I believe that's the latest update and I had that done last week at my dealership. Phone music app is Poweramp (latest version) and works perfectly with my other BT devices (3 vehicles and several headsets).

If anyone has an idea what I can try next or if you've found a solution, I'd appreciate it!

Chris

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think I may have figured out a good fix to my issue for others that may have it in the future. I removed all headsets from the bike, set up the Sena 20S Evo on my phone (no apps, just bluetooth discovery), then enabled Samsung's "dual audio" for both the bike and the Sena. The bike allows control to my phone and shows what's playing and who's calling on the screen, and the Sena receives music/phone calls through the phone only. Didn't go for a ride (looks like rain and there's lightning, so no riding today) but I played around with ff/rewind/play/pause/vol up/down and no lockups or disconnected devices whatsoever.

It seems that the bike is sending my control inputs to both devices, or perhaps its sending to one then somehow gets confused with the control and sends it to the other device and that's what stops the controls from responding. Will update in a few days when I have a chance to go for a ride or two.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts