KTM Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! Just picked up an 890 and put some bar ends on but I have a question on the lugs the original mirrors are mounted to. Do they come off?? I have tried every which way and they don’t budge. Would appreciate any insight into this.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yep. They definitely come out. I don't remember if they were reverse threaded or not on the 890, but I've seen some that are. I replaced the clamps with the KTM powerparts ones that eliminate the threaded portion completely.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S20 using Tapatalk!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Which bar ends didn't you end up going? Any pics?
And from the looks of that lug, it definitely looks like you've tried to get it off. ha

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I dunno what's going they literally will not budge to come off.. it's frustrating. I ended up putting some crg bar ends on mine. I have them on z900rs and I like them a lot.. they never vibrate.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The left hand side will always be regular threads. But the right side might be reversed, since you want the mirror to loosen up if you hit the ground. In addition to that, they're probably 'loctited', so need to make sure which way the threads are, to avoid damaging anything. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The left hand side will always be regular threads. But the right side might be reversed, since you want the mirror to loosen up if you hit the ground. In addition to that, they're probably 'loctited', so need to make sure which way the threads are, to avoid damaging anything. Good luck.
Yeah one was one way the other was revered for some strange reason. Finally got them off with the help of an extended ratchet. Geez. Haha. All good now.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Next time just apply the logic I mentioned, which is if you hit the ground, the mirror should loosen up, so that'd tell you the left has regular threads, and the right reversed (at least in the US). Easy peasy :).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts