KTM Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2020 SDR
91 Posts
I don't think riding down a street lined with brick houses is a true sense for the sound of the exhaust due to reverberation. Take it out in the open and make a sound clip. Sounds good on the clip.

·
Registered
19’ SDR
136 Posts
Looks fantastic! The exhaust sound has a nice sound but a bit tamed, no? Is there a decibel killer installed?
I am active on MCN and their has been plenty of chatter about aftermarket exhaust restrictions in the works. Hopefully, that doesn’t hold truth.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here's a thought. As it's an aftermarket exhaust and people in towns don't get as excited as we do about a KTM's exhaust note why not do a drive by test somewhere where it won't attract attention? If you keep the throttle shut as you cruise through towns and villages we might be able to keep riding our big V twin KTMs. It's not the exhaust note, it's just being considerate to other road users that's probably more important. I want keep riding motorcycles on the road and this Government and the EU government are thinking otherwise. If we compromise by being considerate the authorities might reciprocate and we can all live and let live. No I'm not a policeman, bikes are my life and my living though.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
AUZ, firstly I have been riding bikes for 38 years on the road...secondly I ride through built up areas and villages with absolute respect...And thirdly this is the road I live on and All neighbours ARE friends....AND were made aware of ride by before video was shot....SO BEFORE YOU MAKE ANYMORE PRESUMPTIONS OR JUDGEMENTS ON FORUM MEMBERS...HOW ABOUT YOU THROW OUT A P.M TO THEM FIRST ....for probable reason and concern...AND MAYBE SAVE YOURSELF THE EMBARRASMENT OF POTENTIALLY MAKING YOURSELF LOOK LIKE A BIT OF A DICK....AS YOU SET OUT TO DO TO ME...I'm a bloody decent bloke and my reply back to you could have been avoided..

·
Registered
541 Posts

Damn dude, take a deep breath and relax.

No one wants to acknowledge it, but governments ARE looking at us loud bikers. And they don't like what they see. This pandemic has made tolerance towards other people even worse. Auz brought up a good point, and just for the record, my ride isn't that quiet either, but I don't circle towns for a soundclip. Is it too much to ask to take that somewhere rural and blast away? Would make an even better soundclip anyway, because that pipe you're selling does sound good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts