KTM Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! My name is Fred and I've been a KTM fan for 3 years and last year I ponied up and bought myself a 2008 250xcf for a change of gears from racing quads. I think hands down KTM is one of the best bike makers out there. I have ridden other bikes in the past, but none of them compare.

I am also a student at MMI here in Orlando. I've been wrenching on bikes/quads for over a decade (makes me feel old..and I'm only 20!). I know quite a bit about mechanics, and I will be one to tell you first if I don't know. And if I don't know, I will make sure I find out the answer.

Started racing about 4 years ago on quads, racing harescrambles. I recently last year began my journey on bikes. I started out a little late, but I feel I made a smart choice with the KTM. It has done me right many times where I would have eatin' dirt on the quad. Just wish I would have started bikes before quads!

I am thinking this is a fairly new site, and I hope to grow with it. See ya around!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Welcome Fred,

Sounds like you are a knowledgeable guy and will be a big asset to this board. Wish I knew more, I just ride and try to take care of them the best I can.

I just bought the 690 Duke and have also been impressed with the attention to detail on this bike. They took weight savings and engineering very seriously. I changed out the countershaft sprocket on my bike last night and was shocked at the weight of the fastners I removed. They felt like they were made of plastic, but seemed plenty hard. There also is a simplicity about the engineering on this bike that appeals to me. My last two street bikes were Hondas and had very good quality, but weight savings were not a consideration.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome.

Mostly working on Japanese bikes growing up, I have to say I learned alot with this KTM in the short time I've owned it. They all have their tricks. I feel the austrians know what they are doing when it comes to building a quality machine, race proven.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts