KTM Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last time I was on the 'Starting Line', I did a dead-engine start. I'll try to do a little better here, and have the brain engaged and running. As with other forums I've participated in, I hope to learn a little, share a little and hopefully share some good stories or experiences.

I rode from 8th grade (1971) through my second year of college (1977), then I had to get a little more serious about school and life. Later, from 1980 to 1984, I owned a Yamaha SR500 road bike for two years, and a 1982 Honda XR200R for two years. But then, I had to get more serious about raising a family. After serving as pit crew for my oldest son's go-kart racing (1997 - 2004) and roadie-tech my youngest son's band adventures (1998 - 2006), my wife and I finally reached empty-nest status. :D

At age 49, I picked up a 1994 Yamaha WR250 and started trail riding again. After two summers of (trying to) regain my technique, endurance and nerve, At 51, I decided to try some Hare Scrambles this year. The old WR, while a fun trail riding and hill climbing bike, flat out wore me out at race-pace. I wanted something lighter, more nimble and a little more predicrable at the throttle.

A few weeks ago, I picked up a new 2008 KTM 200 XC-W. I've had a few very busy weeks and have only had it out once for some break-in time and to get accustomed to the feel and handling, the power curve and the brakes (dang, they're good!). This should be the last of the busy weekends (I hope), so I am eager to take the two-honey out to the woods.

Sorry about writing so much, but I used to be an editor and I still write service proposals. I am conditioned to being complete and accurate. :rolleyes:

I look forward to some good exchanges.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts