KTM Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello KTM world, coming from a decade on I4 Japanese bikes (94 FZR600r and 06 FZ1), the European twin is a new experience but one I'm warming too nicely. I've put 600 miles on it since my ownership began a couple of weeks ago, mostly in the mountains of NE Georgia where she'll be spending most of her time.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Looks like blood mountain. Great riding there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
most excellent I moved from GA to lake Keowee, SC if you ever want to roll with a mate give me a yell always enjoy getting out to N. GA, NC and E. TN hills enjoy that ride the SDR is intoxicating

Jmack

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Will keep it in mind, my FZ1 crowd does two rally events a year and I'm planning to invite the KTM crowd to join. About a third of the FZ1 crowd doesn't even own an FZ1 anymore but we all stick around and the KTM crowd would be welcome. We normally do a rally at Deal's Gap in early June and one in Suches in early October. I saw there was a previous rally thread, hoping to revive the idea. The FZ1 crowd are great guys (and a few gals).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Will keep it in mind, my FZ1 crowd does two rally events a year and I'm planning to invite the KTM crowd to join. About a third of the FZ1 crowd doesn't even own an FZ1 anymore but we all stick around and the KTM crowd would be welcome. We normally do a rally at Deal's Gap in early June and one in Suches in early October. I saw there was a previous rally thread, hoping to revive the idea. The FZ1 crowd are great guys (and a few gals).
Sweet. Im in. Hitting route 60 on tuesday if your around
J

·
Registered
625 Posts
Yes, I’m fortunate to live about a hour from the top. Day trips to the fun roads of NC and TN are fairly common.
I have gone down for years with the Councours Owners Group and stayed at Two Wheels . So many great roads down there. Live in Annapolis MD so I am 2.5 to 3 hrs from any type of real twisties riding. Jealous!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It does spoil you, people just meet up at breakfast and decide a destination, usually a day trip to Deal’s Gap, Highlands, Franklin, or Blue Ridge.

my buddy David joined the Connie crowd in the last year, he’s Cruzman on the board.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts