KTM Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the NRC fender eliminator and was convinced I would be pulled over but so far I haven’t. I’ve been followed at close range expecting to be pulled over but it didn’t happen - I think it’s the “scooter top case look” that makes them ignore me. I had a plan that if I was pulled over once, the NRC would get taken off. That hasn’t happed so I’m going to keep it.

I had feed back from experienced riders following that the NRC signals are mediocre at best during the day so I’ve decided to install some BMW led motor cycle signals to improved visibility.

I fabricated some small metal brackets (removable).

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I’ll probably get flamed by those claiming the NRCs are bright - they are mediocre during low sun daylight conditions.

I still need to paint the brackets and decide whether I piggyback the wiring off the NRC signal wires or have my yet to arrive HEX Ezcan control them ( allowing for constant on at lower intensity, and full on during braking).

More to come.

·
Registered
2020 SDR
14 Posts
If you are interested to try some other brands, I've found Rizoma signals to be very bright, daylight or otherwise. I ran Rizoma Action on my SF848. And recently seen them as cheap as 70$CAD (singles) from baysideperformance out in BC.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you are interested to try some other brands, I've found Rizoma signals to be very bright, daylight or otherwise. I ran Rizoma Action on my SF848. And recently seen them as cheap as 70$CAD (singles) from baysideperformance out in BC.
Thanks - I’m looking for these locally and may have a line on a pair. I just will have to make new mounts ...

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I painted the brackets and ran the wires without having to drill any holes. I removed the elastic band, passed the wires and put it back. ...Just waiting for my Hex Ezcan to arrive. I’ll set BMW leds as running lights at low intensity but go to 100% when signalling.

I have these installed in the front and they are Significantly brighter than the NRC’s.

·
Registered
191 Posts
The GT looks like an old man bike, especially with the top case. Which is probably why you're getting away with it. Same setup on a sportbike, and you wouldn't be able to go around the block without being stopped. I prefer to avoid unnecessary interactions with law enforcement so I'll likely go w the R&G LOL

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There are so many cool options with the hex Ezcan - I’ll have to play with it but absolutely love the feature where I can have the signals flash on rapid engine braking ...( with some conditions - sc

I know I’m harping, but the NRC leds are substandard.
One thing I’m going to reach out to Hex is to ask why the flashing rates are different to the OEM (the NRC signals are wired to the bike) compared to the BMW ones connected to the Ezcan.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The GT looks like an old man bike, especially with the top case. Which is probably why you're getting away with it. Same setup on a sportbike, and you wouldn't be able to go around the block without being stopped. I prefer to avoid unnecessary interactions with law enforcement so I'll likely go w the R&G LOL
My bike is a SDR not a GT but I have added small windscreen and an ugly top case. I agree with minimizing interactions with LE!

I’ve been followed now 4x but never pulled over. The first time I get pulled over, the NRC is gone!

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Despite the cool features (running light at 10%, flash on engine braking above 50km/hr....etc) I could use with the Ezcan controlling these additional signal lights, I’ve decided to not use it for these signals. I’ll just piggyback off the OEM signal wires current used for the NRC. The main reason is I do not like the NRC and the new signal lights flashing at different rates - it may be confusing.

On a positive note, I will have Ezcan two ports for additional lighting .

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Running lights on the Bmw signals at 20% intensity - a really nice feature. Unfortunately I won’t use it for now - let’s see what hex comes back with on possible adjusting the gals rate.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hopefully this link works:

Out of sync signals

Interesting that the Hazzards are in sync:

Hazards in sync!

It’s puzzling that the signals flash at a different rate yet the hazards are the same. This will make for an interesting support ticket with Hex....

I’ve decided for the short term to leave the bmw signals hooked up to the Ezcan.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts