KTM Forums banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts
he man from amsoil flew down in his space ship a beamed me up ..they stuck a probe up my poopoo..then beamed me back down...all i can say is amsoil is the best,,,, amsoil is the best ....amsoil is the best...there little company is the best ...there little company is the best...look at the charts..look at the charts...look at the charts....shell mobil castrol valvoline pennzoil..have companys the size of citys ,,,leading in sales across the globe..there too big ..there to big ... there to big..the people who work for them are not smart like the doc.. like the doc ...like the doc....whats the difference between a car salesman and amsoil salesmen...thats right none

he man from amsoil flew down in his space ship a beamed me up ..they stuck a probe up my poopoo..then beamed me back down...all i can say is amsoil is the best,,,, amsoil is the best ....amsoil is the best...there little company is the best ...there little company is the best...look at the charts..look at the charts...look at the charts....shell mobil castrol valvoline pennzoil..have companys the size of citys ,,,leading in sales across the globe..there too big ..there to big ... there to big..the people who work for them are not smart like the doc.. like the doc ...like the doc....whats the difference between a car salesman and amsoil salesmen...thats right none
WOW... I thought this was a community of Adults that could try to communicate and discuss things in an adult fashion.

All I did was ask for a link to the 150,000 mile Rotella change. I have been in this business for many years and never heard of such a thing but I am always willing to check out new information.

I hope you are not the Norm for members here.

Doc

As I said in my PM to you..

Give me a Link that shows Rotella can go 150K, without By-Pass Filtration, and I will be behind you 110%.

I have been in this business for over 30 years, which seems like it may be twice your age, or more.. Just show me the link, I am always willing to learn. New Ideas and products are always coming about which is also why I believe the "Search" button should not be used as many ppl think it should.

Doc

WOW...

I hope you are not the Norm for members here.

Doc

No he is not the norm. This thread is turning into a thumper talk thread.

ADMIN. Please close this thread.

I agree that this thread got off track, but let it run it's course.

Either ppl will come because they like controversy (Many Do), or they will steer clear of it on their own.

I think it has run it's "Bad" course, so let's see if it get's back on track or dies on it's own now.

Discussion starter · #27 ·
Wow!

IT IS AMERICAN MADE SYNTHETIC OIL! THAT'S GOTTA BE WORTH SOMETHING...PROLLY MOST OF THE OTHER OILS ARE ALSO MANUFACTURED IN THE STATES,BUT,SOME ARE NOT.... MY DEALER GOT THE OIL CHANGE MONEY.SO ,MAYBE I'M TRYING TO SUPPORT HIS BUISINESS,WHILE NOT LEAVING OPEN THE POTENTIAL FOR WARRANTY DENIAL.SOME OF THE 690SMs,DID SEEM TO HAVE SOME PROBLEMS.WHY TAKE THE CHANCE?... ALSO , WHEN RESPONDING TO THREADS ON ANY PUBLIC FORUM, NEVER OPEN THE DOOR TO "REMOVE ALL DOUBT"...SILENCE IS GOLDEN

SOME OF THE 690SMs,DID SEEM TO HAVE SOME PROBLEMS.
If this is documented any place, it is a cinch to get warranty.

I have been down this road many times in my last 35 yrs in business..

A Dealer can neither Deny or Admit a warranty. They like to think they can and do like to use that as a tool to put warranty denial in the customers thoughts.

When I bought my Yamaha 4 years ago, they tried to use that "Warranty Denial" to bring it in for the first service and not to use any oil beside Yamalube.

I told him to give me that in writing signed by the Owner or GM. He looked at me and asked why. Because if you give me that in writing, they would have to pay for the oil and filters until the bike is out of warranty and if any service is required to maintain the warranty it must be paid for by the OEM. That is the Law.

That being said though... There is always that "Comfort Zone" for some people. That is what they prey on.

Doc

wonder why it not API CERTIFIED AND NEVER HAS BEEN...its found to have a very high acid reading because of the long change interval ..and sludge will start to buil up before the interval...Amsoil i have read on the internet is known in the industry for being misleading....not being API certified was exposed by accident and they had no comment...i here its up to $20 when buying it off the shelf and lots of people are seeing the light on other fourms..compaired to reg oil just like other syn your throwing your money away....see ya in a few months.....

wonder why it not API CERTIFIED AND NEVER HAS BEEN...its found to have a very high acid reading because of the long change interval ..and sludge will start to buil up before the interval...Amsoil i have read on the internet is known in the industry for being misleading....not being API certified was exposed by accident and they had no comment...i here its up to $20 when buying it off the shelf and lots of people are seeing the light on other fourms..compaired to reg oil just like other syn your throwing your money away....see ya in a few months.....
Following this, it seems like you are someone that likes to spread things without knowing the truth or or knowing the facts.

I am not sure why you have a problem with AMSOIL or what you have to gain by spreading false rumors. I have been with AMSOIL for over 25 years now and neither the Products have ever let me down, or the Company.

AMSOIL is tested by an Independent Lab to meet API Standards and has been since day one, 1972. It is not submitted to the API for several reasons, one is that we have Proprietary additives that would have to be disclosed.

Oils do not "Have" a high acid reading and acid readings are not even stated in any Oil Analysis. It is referred to as TBN, Total Base Number, and depending on the lab, the oil is recommended to change when the TBN reaches 1 or 2. AMSOIL MCF, starts at 11.2 and takes a drop but as noted in many, many tests, the TBN drop slows as other oils pass right by.

If you live in Canada, I hear Canadian Tire just raised their prices to $19.95 per qt.... I can't help what Canadian Tire Does and that has nothing to do with the Price we sell to Forum Members at. We also have a couple programs to help our friends in Canada buy at Canadian Tires cost... We have similar Programs for US Customers as well.

As far as "People Seeing The Light".. You are absolutely correct.... AMSOIL's MotorCycle oil sales have continued to grow month after month for the last 5 years in a row, is the Largest Producer of Synthetic Motorcycle Oil, and in the First 3 months of 2009, not only has AMSOIL set new sales records in this "Down Economy" most of us Dealers have too.. My personal sales were up 62% in Jan. '09 over Jan. '08.. Feb was way up as well and I haven't closed March out yet but, I am at least Double of '08. This is the result of selling a Superior Product.

In a cost per mile comparison, or better yet, an Overall Cost of Ownership, AMSOIL continues to outperform the competition.

Bob

as you said its not API certified so i was correct..just stating fact
And this fact means what ? I still fail to see what, if anything, you are trying to say. You came up with a bunch of nonsense for why AMSOIL is not API Certified, for what?

An oil does not have to be API Certified to be able to use it. Most of the oil companies have oils on the market that are not API Certified, and many people use them.

At least AMSOIL sends most of their oils out to be tested for API, ILSAC, ACEA, Global, JASO and other testing...

Of course, we do have automotive oils that ARE API Certified for certain people, our XL line is API Certified.

Bob

And this fact means what ? I still fail to see what, if anything, you are trying to say. You came up with a bunch of nonsense for why AMSOIL is not API Certified, for what?

An oil does not have to be API Certified to be able to use it. Most of the oil companies have oils on the market that are not API Certified, and many people use them.

At least AMSOIL sends most of their oils out to be tested for API, ILSAC, ACEA, Global, JASO and other testing...

Of course, we do have automotive oils that ARE API Certified for certain people, our XL line is API Certified.

Bob
you know what i may try some...ride 919 manual says 8000 oil change 10/30 or 10/40 with reg oil ..so 8000 miles should be no problem with amsoil ? would agree

This thread popped up in my "new post". I read it and LOL'd. It brought up a question I have though. I had a '86 Honda CR250R. About 20 years ago I'd say. I put new clutches in and some good synthetic oil. I put it together, and it didnt work at all. I thought I screwed something up. I talked to the dealer, and they said NEVER use synthetic oil in it. It would make it slip like crazy. Which is what it was doing. Now Im reading about everyone using it. Has something changed over the years ? Can I put synthetic in my '89 KTM MX350 ?

This thread popped up in my "new post". I read it and LOL'd. It brought up a question I have though. I had a '86 Honda CR250R. About 20 years ago I'd say. I put new clutches in and some good synthetic oil. I put it together, and it didnt work at all. I thought I screwed something up. I talked to the dealer, and they said NEVER use synthetic oil in it. It would make it slip like crazy. Which is what it was doing. Now Im reading about everyone using it. Has something changed over the years ? Can I put synthetic in my '89 KTM MX350 ?
You need to run an oil with the proper Specifications... 10W-40 or whatever IS NOT a Specification... You need to look at API and/or JASO Ratings...

I will be back to this... Wife wants to run out someplace.. LOL

The Best isn't cheap
Cheap isn't The Best

Bob

I do run motorcycle specific oil. If thats what you mean. I usually get all my fluids from a shop. I just remembered the Honda shop told me not to run synthetic in that bike. Now that Im riding again, I see ALOT of people using synthetic. So I didnt know if the clutches had changed, or the oil was different than it was 20 years ago or maybe they were just full of sh!t. lol
I do know that Honda wouldnt work using it. I drained it, filled it up with dinosaur oil, ran it a bit, drained it, refilled it, and then it worked fine. Maybe it was the brand of clutches ? Basically I just want to know if i can run synthetic now in my '89 model.

I do run motorcycle specific oil. If thats what you mean. I usually get all my fluids from a shop. I just remembered the Honda shop told me not to run synthetic in that bike. Now that Im riding again, I see ALOT of people using synthetic. So I didnt know if the clutches had changed, or the oil was different than it was 20 years ago or maybe they were just full of sh!t. lol
I do know that Honda wouldnt work using it. I drained it, filled it up with dinosaur oil, ran it a bit, drained it, refilled it, and then it worked fine. Maybe it was the brand of clutches ? Basically I just want to know if i can run synthetic now in my '89 model.
Lot of differences just in the last 2 years much less 20.

I run AMSOIL MCF in my 86 Wing with some 9000 plus RPM shifts and had no problem in it, My Yamaha or my Harley which pulls a heavily loaded trailer. Matter of Fact, I changed to one of our different fluids in my Harley because I couldn't slip the clutch enough.

20 yrs ago, there was no such thing as Motorcycle Specific as the oil had an SF Rating (no friction modifiers).

Synthetic oils still get a bad rap today from people using the wrong oils with improper API or JASO Ratings. Back when, most were not designed for Motorcycles and may have caused a problem. Many people and myself have run AMSOIL in Motorcycles for years before there was a Motorcycle oil. Today, we only have certain oils you can run due to additive changes.

An auto oil with an API SG Rating can be used to meet Minimum requirements. A higher API Rating can be used IF the oil carries a JASO MA or MA 2 Rating.

REGARDLESS of Brand, Synthetic or petroleum, I recommend the use of a Motorcycle Specific oil with a JASO MA, better yet, MA 2 Rating, but Never MB.

Whether Synthetic or petroleum, an oil with those ratings are suitable for wet clutch applications whether in a MotorCycle or a conveyor gear box. It does not mean they are Motorcycle Specific, just wet clutch compatible.

The Best isn't cheap
Cheap isn't The Best

Bob

Well I picked this up yesterday. Was this a good choice ?
http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/mcf.aspx

I'll be changing my oli this weekend if not sooner. Will this make it shift any different ? Easier or anything ?
That is the correct oil.

Too bad you didn't call us to get your Forum Member Discount..

Maybe Next time

The Best isn't cheap
Cheap isn't The Best

Bob

21 - 40 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.