KTM Forums banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Brilliant! Machinists, they know how to go through metal. I'm very happy for you. Enjoy not worrying about that anymore!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Big time relief, really appreciated all the great dialog through this thread, so many great people here!

Do you guys think I should loctite the stud in place? I think it would be subjected to pretty high temps...I think red loctite is good to 300f.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
To tie this bad boy up, I cut down some m7 threaded rod, used some 272 high temp loctite to keep it in place, and buttoned the duke back up with a nut...ran it to fully warmed up temps, and didnt see any leakage. Also replaced the opposite side with a titanium bolt that will not shear off so easily. Will test drive trow, and make for certain it's holding!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
To tie this bad boy up, I cut down some m7 threaded rod, used some 272 high temp loctite to keep it in place, and buttoned the duke back up with a nut...ran it to fully warmed up temps, and didnt see any leakage. Also replaced the opposite side with a titanium bolt that will not shear off so easily. Will test drive trow, and make for certain it's holding!
Glad you got it sorted with a minimum of headaches and expense.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts