KTM Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm going for a week long ride in France / Spain in a weeks time and preparing for the trip. One of the items that people recommend to take is a can of Tyre Foam to 'get you home' in case of a puncture. I have been reading up and a lot of people do not recommend this stuff as it kills the tyre in terms of a permanent patch / repair due to making a mess of the inside of the tyre.

What do you all think? What do you take with you on long road trips? Are there other puncture repair methods that can be used by the side of the road?

·
Administrator
14,816 Posts
Reactions: Axzon

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice, I had seen these before but didnt know how they were used, just had a look on youtube and seems easy and definitely a better solution than the foam!

Will be sure to purchase one before I leave.

·
Premium Member
2020 790 R
38 Posts
Thanks for the advice, I had seen these before but didnt know how they were used, just had a look on youtube and seems easy and definitely a better solution than the foam!

Will be sure to purchase one before I leave.
Just purchased, thanks.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Another consideration to nix the foam or any other liquid like sealant, it could stop the TPMS from working or damage it permanently.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I carry a plug kit with the rope style plugs, a small tube of patch glue, and a small portable 12v compressor.

Another issue with tire slime and other such things... they can be mildly corrosive, bad juju for aluminum wheels.

·
Super Moderator
1,295 Posts
Even if the original posts are now old, it is excellent info! @bajadog When following that link I end up on a front page. From there I went to "Tires" and there I selected "Motorcycle Tire Repair kits" and ended up here: Motorcycle Tire Repair Kits | JPCycles.com What kit of them is it that you recommend?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts